Best way to play VC/Wiiware off of USB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by appleburger, Dec 16, 2013.

1. appleburger
    OP

appleburger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    I just recently got back into playing on my hacked wii again, and have obtained all the VC and Wiiware WADs. I've never really messed around with these games besides just installing them on my NAND via MMM, but I'd like to be able to have all of these installed.

How do I go about creating an emulated NAND on my USB HDD and installing these WADs to it? I've tried looking around for some advice over the past few days and anything I do find is really outdated.

The only loader I use is CFG USB loader for both wii and gamecube games, so I'd like to just use that for my emulated NAND.

2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    Download and use ModMii onto your computer and follow the instructions in order to install uneek and build a clean emuNAND onto your USB HDD.

Also, download and use ShowMiiWads to install VC & WiiWare onto your emuNAND.

osirisjem likes this.
  3. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Can I build a clean emuNAND onto a USB HDD with existing content (ie. .wbfs files, ROMS, etc.) or does it need to be a clean hard drive ?

4. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    you can use your existing hard drive so long as it's formatted properly....UNEEK needs FAT32-32K IIRC.

osirisjem likes this.
  5. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    I have a FAT32 HDD.
    Not sure about 32K.
    I guess I want UNNEEK + DI.

Attached Files:

6. gene0915

gene0915 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    I once tried to install a crap ton of VC games into emunand on a USB drive and out of hundreds (rough guess) of games, I think 4 or 5 pages showed up. I couldn't scroll any more but I know there was suppose to be a LOT more games listed. Basically, it didn't work. Would be nice to be able to play WAD files straight from the USB though.

I wonder if anyone has managed to do something like that......... install every VC/Wiiware game into emunand and have it work and ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the games showed up?

7. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    neek2o cant be installed from ModMii , any comments?