Best way to play PSX games on vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BlueCrimsonX, Jun 25, 2017.

1. BlueCrimsonX
    OP

BlueCrimsonX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    If possible are there any solutions where I can install the games to bubble? If not I'd like to know the other ways too. I'm trying to play Megaman Legends 1&2 with both analog sticks.

2. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Adrenaline if you are running Henkaku. It basically turns your Vita into a modded PSP. It will run all the great emulators available for PSP, and plays PSX very well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    There's a way with ARK to seemingly install a bubble that directly load a PBP, and you can install a bubble for PSP games
    but I have no idea whether ARK allows PSX game or not

4. Shawn ShyGuy

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    [nvm delete this lol]

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Adrenaline runs PS1 games, but note that some people are reporting lag on some later versions of Adrenaline. IIRC 3 or 3.1 is the "best" for PS1 games. If you don't notice the lag, than latest is fine. You can put bubbles directly on the live area with this: http://wololo.net/2017/06/20/adrena...-psp-games-directly-livearea-3-60-adrenaline/ < But it's kind of a pain in the ass to do it every time.

ARK also runs PS1 games, but without sound. You can also install separate bubbles with ARK, too.

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  6. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    3.1 was the last lagless one, but it should have been fixed by now with v5.1. I believe it was caused by a graphics filter that you can disable now. That's why it only seemed to affect some games.

Last edited by zfreeman, Jun 25, 2017
  7. Gray_Jack

Gray_Jack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Adrenaline 5.1 is the way to go, it fixed the lag on games on PSTV that @Tom Bombadildo said that it has on v.3.1

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I heard there were other issues on 5.1 with PS1 games, so I dunno if it's still considered "the best" just yet.

9. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    What issues?

10. britain4

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    I've personally noticed an issue with 5.1 when pressing the PS button to quit back to the XMB - the grey menu (with the volume bar etc) either lags greatly or doesn't work at all.

Other than that it seems to work just fine for me anyway.

11. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    I don't have this issue on my PSVita 1k
    Please, can you post this issue on Adrenaline github issue page? So we can get to see if more people are having this issue as well

12. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Best way to play PSX on a vita is on firmware 3.18 and use TN-X you have PERFECT games with PERFECT audio with no slow downs, well its native.

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    It would if we didn't have Adrenaline. Adrenaline is updated TN-X with more features since it's using taiHEN power with it

14. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Have you tried tn-x? its far superior.

15. britain4

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    I'll sign up now and post an issue. It seems to develop after a short time running the game. Sometimes it just freezes the game up until you press the PS button again, sometimes it comes up but won't respond to button presses for a few seconds. It's just unreliable and laggy really.

16. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    Yeah, I did tried TN-X and TN-V, Adrenaline is basically both together, it's even produced by the same developer.
    But as I said, on my PSVita 1k I had better results with Adrenaline

17. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    People have reported issues with games on adrenaline and too many bugs, tn-x is just load and play with no adjustment needed and no slow downs or sound issues. TN-X wins.

18. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    Don't forget to say on what systems you're getting these issues ;)

19. britain4

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    Righto hopefully that should be of some help :)

Well that got closed quickly - sounds like it's going to be an issue for a while to anyone else who might be experiencing it

Last edited by britain4, Jun 25, 2017
    Gray_Jack likes this.
  20. Gray_Jack

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm ok with what you think, just please, don't say stuff like it's a universal truth when it depends.
    For example, I have no slow downs or sound issues with Adrenaline, I didn't got most of the issues reported cuz mostly of these issues was PSTV specific, and I don't have one, so I never got these specific issues.

Other advantage that I, personally, have is that Adrenaline is open source, if I find a bug, I can fix it myself, where TN-X and TN-V are closed source and if I find a bug, doesn't matter how small the bug is, I can't fix it and I can't ask for a fix once the developer only supports Adrenaline now.

I don't care if you use TN-X as long you are ok with it. If it's all you need, then I have nothing to do with it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Btw, I'm trying hard to trigger your issue... But I simply can't. Maybe was a bad update from your side? Try download 5.1 again and manually substitute the adrenaline files

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@britain4
    I finally got the issue, but the probability is so low... I got the issue 2 times with 300 attempts

Pandaxclone2 likes this.