Best way to play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon N64 today?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by keine, Apr 6, 2012.

1. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I'd prefer to play it on my TV where I can relax on couch while playing it. What are my options? Surreal 64 on Xbox? Emulators on PS3/360? I'm thinking about maybe hooking up my laptop to the TV via HDMI and trying to run Project 64 along with a MS Wireless 360 controller or even better! a bluetooh classic controller setup.

Some day I'm going to build a tiny Media Center PC capable of steaming and emulation. I think that would be of great use. Do you? Or is it a waste with the capabilities of some modded console app I am not aware of. Any input greatly appreciated.

2. elgarta

Member elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well of course an N64 flash cart would be best since it runs on the original console, but the problem there is needing the console.

Otherwise the laptop idea works well, if you want you can buy an N64 controller and a USB connector that lets you hook it up to the laptop, so that way you can put the laptop down and play.. but if you sit on the couch it may not work properly like that. I am not familier with the Xbox at all, but if there is a working emulator that runs the game I'd give it a try.

The other alternative my brother did before he got the laptop control adapter is use an HDMI comptatible tablet and use a wireless bluetooth controller while emulating it.