derekmerlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATempers,

I'm a happy SXOS user on OFW 5.0.1 with no EmuNAND installed. I want to play some of the "newer" (at least for me) games on my Switch but I'm increasingly confused about what to do. I understand the use of ChoidujeurNX, but it is not clear to me if I necessarily need to install EmuNAND (I want to keep my setup a simple as possible). I never play online, so that is not needed for me and therefore my Switch is not banned.
I appreciate your recommendation about the route to follow in order to play FF-VII, Cuphead and Civilization on my Switch.

Thanks!

derekmerlin

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update your FW to play the latest games. Both the games you named require FW 6.2. Emunand isn't needed, especially if you don't go online. At least that's how I feel. The latest compatible CFW is Atmosphere which now has FW 8.0 support. I'm personally still on FW 6.2 with SX because I can currently play the games that I'm interested in, but some new games are beginning to require 7.x FW.

Reactions: derekmerlin

derekmerlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for such a quick reply! SXOS works well on both (6.2.0 and 7.0.1)?
I understand that as long as I have Auto RCM (Which I do) I can go back and forth between OFW versions. Am I missing something?
Otherwise I will jump to 6.0.2 and then to 7.0.1 with the SysNAND backups in between.
Thanks again!

tomi1578

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Thanks a lot for such a quick reply! SXOS works well on both (6.2.0 and 7.0.1)?
I understand that as long as I have Auto RCM (Which I do) I can go back and forth between OFW versions. Am I missing something?
Otherwise I will jump to 6.0.2 and then to 7.0.1 with the SysNAND backups in between.
Thanks again!
jump straight to 7.0.1

Reactions: derekmerlin

derekmerlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you tom1578, and xflesk. Sorry for one more question, SXOS works well on OFW 7.0.1? No EmuNAND… With this, I will go forward and post my results. I cant thank you enough.

DMerlin

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello GBATempers,

I'm a happy SXOS user on OFW 5.0.1 with no EmuNAND installed. I want to play some of the "newer" (at least for me) games on my Switch but I'm increasingly confused about what to do. I understand the use of ChoidujeurNX, but it is not clear to me if I necessarily need to install EmuNAND (I want to keep my setup a simple as possible). I never play online, so that is not needed for me and therefore my Switch is not banned.
I appreciate your recommendation about the route to follow in order to play FF-VII, Cuphead and Civilization on my Switch.

Thanks!

derekmerlin
Newer games can be re-encrypted for older FW, but it's not really worth the hassle when it's not necessary.

derekmerlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What worries me a lot about. 7.0.1 is that there are posts that say that SXOS has problems. With this FW versión.
But I will start with 6.0.2

Thanks again!
DM

derekmerlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success!

I followed the ChoidujeurNX instructions and upgraded to FW 6.2.0 and it worked like a charm!
I also checked the fuses before and after the upgrade with Hekate and it didn't blow any fuses during the update process.

Thanks a lot for all the support given.

DerekMerlin

MySwitch.png

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Success!

I followed the ChoidujeurNX instructions and upgraded to FW 6.2.0 and it worked like a charm!
I also checked the fuses before and after the upgrade with Hekate and it didn't blow any fuses during the update process.

Thanks a lot for all the support given.

DerekMerlin

View attachment 165528

Also witch the update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.