Gaming Best way to play a US game on a EUR WiiU in 2021?

sfs76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

When I homebrewed my WiiU, I read somewhere (I don't remember where, I just wrote it down in a readme file) that it was not safe to install Games (using the Brazilian method) from another region than the one of the console.
But after reading different threads on the topic it seems it's not true (or not true anymore, maybe the source was outdated).

So my question is: 1) could you confirm there's no brick risk to install a US game on a EUR WiiU and if yes, 2) what is the best way (easiest way) to do it in 2021 on on WiiU ?

Some posts say "just launch Mocha before, it makes the WiiU region free", but some argues that it will not work for some games.
There are different tools dedicated to this task: for example, RegionHax and Spiik. What's the best to use if Mocha isn't sufficient by itself?

sfs76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, thanks, so just launch a CFW before, and if doesn't work alone for some reason (disc, etc) try to use spiik. My main concern was to avoid any risk to harm the console.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi

When I homebrewed my WiiU, I read somewhere (I don't remember where, I just wrote it down in a readme file) that it was not safe to install Games (using the Brazilian method) from another region than the one of the console.
But after reading different threads on the topic it seems it's not true (or not true anymore, maybe the source was outdated).

So my question is: 1) could you confirm there's no brick risk to install a US game on a EUR WiiU and if yes, 2) what is the best way (easiest way) to do it in 2021 on on WiiU ?

Some posts say "just launch Mocha before, it makes the WiiU region free", but some argues that it will not work for some games.
There are different tools dedicated to this task: for example, RegionHax and Spiik. What's the best to use if Mocha isn't sufficient by itself?
1) Provide more info of which Mod do you have in your Wii U and FW version.

2) I'm talking and more confident with Haxchi Mod, with Haxchi (or CBHC) , once you activate the CFW the Wii U will be Region Free, so, if you wish to play some specific US game; combined with Haxchi you have to sue Spiik.

3) With Haxchi mod you DO NOT RISK any brick problem. Maximum that you risk it's that once you installed the different region game, It will not start once you press the icon in the Menu and will brings you back to the Wii U menu!

4) to install the games with Haxchi (or CBHC) you have to use WUP installer GX2. And maximum that you risk that the installation of the game fails.

Reactions: sfs76

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1