Homebrew Best way to play 3D movie in n3DS

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Just use Plex. Prior to running a video, open the settings, select player, then reduce the quality settings( 480p 1.5mps local, disable direct everything). Downside is that plex's webpage is not optimal for the 3ds, plus side is that it supports remote streaming.

Any other steps? I've changed the resolution, and disabled the direct stuff, but I'm getting a "Failed to load video" error for all 3D movies.

Jim_e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other steps? I've changed the resolution, and disabled the direct stuff, but I'm getting a "Failed to load video" error for all 3D movies.
Not really no. I'm on 9.0.0.20u with a new 3ds. Actually just before you hit play, there's a button in the upper right hand corner that lets you set it to 480p, that's enough for me.

However, I don't watch videos on my n3ds very often. Usually just to test it out. I haven't had any issues with plex though.

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really no. I'm on 9.0.0.20u with a new 3ds. Actually just before you hit play, there's a button in the upper right hand corner that lets you set it to 480p, that's enough for me.

However, I don't watch videos on my n3ds very often. Usually just to test it out. I haven't had any issues with plex though.

Think the new3ds is the keypart here.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

That seems to have fixed it! Thanks!

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a specific format for 3D movies you guys use? I'm waiting on my JPN N3DS to arrive and I'd like to try streaming 3D movies myself.

Both MP4 and MKV work fine for me. The quality is pretty bad though. I've got a 3D projector in my room anyway, so I probably won't use this much. Just wanted to try it for toilet viewing :P.

What are you running plex on?

Wanted to make a little server off my old pc but don't think it's worth it because of the power it sips. :(

I'm running it off my desktop (i5 2500k @4.5GHz, GTX770, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD). Very overkill for this, but my desktop is nearly always on, so it's more convenient for streaming things.

Reactions: AkiraCast

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both MP4 and MKV work fine for me. The quality is pretty bad though. I've got a 3D projector in my room anyway, so I probably won't use this much. Just wanted to try it for toilet viewing :P.

I'm running it off my desktop (i5 2500k @4.5GHz, GTX770, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD). Very overkill for this, but my desktop is nearly always on, so it's more convenient for streaming things.

Thank you :) Can't wait to try it out even though it'll be on a 240p screen.

LemmyT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experimented a bit with this and got The Hobbit 3D looking better than most 1080P YIFY encodes using 1500kbps and optimizing using handbrake's placebo settings. It was probably a bit overkill but it's actually completely watchable.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I experimented a bit with this and got The Hobbit 3D looking better than most 1080P YIFY encodes using 1500kbps and optimizing using handbrake's placebo settings. It was probably a bit overkill but it's actually completely watchable.

Can you please share the handbrake settings? Would love to give it a shot :)

Thanx a lot in advance :)

LemmyT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please share the handbrake settings? Would love to give it a shot :)

Thanx a lot in advance :)

I set the width to 800 and set the quality to constant 1500kbps 2-pass. I set x264 preset to placebo with a film optimization and high profile at level 5.2. I set the audio to mix down to Stereo AAC 128kbps. This took about 10 hours to encode on my I7-4770K, but you could probably get roughly the same quality in less time by setting the x264 preset to veryslow or something. I just had a spare computer free and decided that it was worth all the time.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: