Hacking Best way to move from SX Pro OS to Hekate

nellj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone. I currently have the SX Pro dongle with the SX Pro OS CFW installed on my switch. I have a few games I've been playing through (Octopath Traveler, Zeld BOTW, etc) so saves are very important to me. i've been researching the differences between the different CFW's and honestly Hekate and or ReiNX sounds like the one for me. I want the ability to backup my nand, keys, etc.

My question is, what will be the best way to go about moving from SX Pro CFW to ReiNX without losing my saves. Most of my games are in .XCI format on my SD, but I do have some installed onto the switch itself as .NSP files.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure your save files won't be affected unless you format your system. I assume you haven't made a backup of your NAND though you're a bit late on that now. You can get all the files you need here https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases just place them on your SD card with the exception of the hekate_ctcaer_4.0. You will also be needing a USB to USBC cable and https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/ TegraRCMShash. Onc everything is in place connect your system to the pc via USB, fully power off the switch, enter RCM, drag the hekate file onto the Tegrarcmsmash file, wait a few seconds, then load your preferred profile(The reiNX one should be under payloads)

Reactions: sorabora and nellj

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
is it nessasary to do all that? as he has a sx pro dongle, i would also like to know the same, i also have the sx pro.

regards

Reactions: cearp

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
is it nessasary to do all that? as he has a sx pro dongle, i would also like to know the same, i also have the sx pro.

regards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry, double post
SX is fine too, but over time free options will likely surpass it.
Hi Everyone. I currently have the SX Pro dongle with the SX Pro OS CFW installed on my switch. I have a few games I've been playing through (Octopath Traveler, Zeld BOTW, etc) so saves are very important to me. i've been researching the differences between the different CFW's and honestly Hekate and or ReiNX sounds like the one for me. I want the ability to backup my nand, keys, etc.

My question is, what will be the best way to go about moving from SX Pro CFW to ReiNX without losing my saves. Most of my games are in .XCI format on my SD, but I do have some installed onto the switch itself as .NSP files.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
The saves are stored in the internal NAND no matter if it's a cartridge game/xci or a digital release, so as long as the game is of the same region it should read the save just fine. Many games are region free in that they only have one version of the game across all regions but not all are.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

regards

sorry, double post
All that? You mean putting 1 file on root and then 3 times touching the screen? If that is too much of a hassle for you, you can remake hekate payload to boot.dat and use that.

Reactions: tbb043

nellj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure your save files won't be affected unless you format your system. I assume you haven't made a backup of your NAND though you're a bit late on that now. You can get all the files you need here just place them on your SD card with the exception of the hekate_ctcaer_4.0. You will also be needing a USB to USBC cable and tegraRCMShash. Onc everything is in place connect your system to the pc via USB, fully power off the switch, enter RCM, drag the hekate file onto the Tegrarcmsmash file, wait a few seconds, then load your preferred profile(The reiNX one should be under payloads)

Would I be able to use my SX Pro dongle instead of TegraRCM?

You only gonna lose the ability to run XCI files. So just install your games as nsp and you're done

Would I still get the option to install .nsp games to my sdcard or will it use the switch internal memory as default?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if the OP just wants to backup the nand and dump some keys, that is done in hekate itself. no need to stop using sx os...
you can boot the hekate menu from sx on boot, so i don't see the need to do anything else. especially if the op still has the xci games and does not yet have nsps of those games.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Would I still get the option to install .nsp games to my sdcard or will it use the switch internal memory as default?
The answer to both your questions is yes. However, to install a .NSP game with ReiNX/Hekate you will need a separate app such as Tinfoil but that is included in the bundle i mentioned before

You can always choose with devmenu. Idk how it is with tinfoil.

The latest version of tinfoil also lets you choose

Reactions: nellj and cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

Yes to both.
If you use something like sx's menu to install games you get both choices.
Dev menu both choices.
Tinfoil? I guess both choices.

Reactions: nellj

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
if the OP just wants to backup the nand and dump some keys, that is done in hekate itself. no need to stop using sx os...
you can boot the hekate menu from sx on boot, so i don't see the need to do anything else. especially if the op still has the xci games and does not yet have nsps of those games.
exactly mate, i just put the hekati bin in sd root an launch external payload, so got the best of both now :-)

Reactions: nellj and cearp

nellj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly mate, i just put the hekati bin in sd root an launch external payload, so got the best of both now :-)

Another reason is for emulation means. I've been reading that RetroNX is not really supported on the SX Pro OS. I do have it currently installed and have experienced crashes with it. Not sure if it's the CFW or my sd card being formatted in exFAT instead of Fat32.

Reactions: cearp

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Another reason is for emulation means. I've been reading that RetroNX is not really supported on the SX Pro OS. I do have it currently installed and have experienced crashes with it. Not sure if it's the CFW or my sd card being formatted in exFAT instead of Fat32.
Shouldn't every CFW have the same support, because it does not depend on the CFW itself?

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SX Pro and now use ReiNX. I was wondering if I could use both but I see it's just having the files for both on the card.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.