Votes: 119 11.8%

• Total voters

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, normal neek doesn't work with Ustealth. I don't think Ustealth existed at the time. Neek2o does though. The code is in ffs.c iirc. It doesn't use the fat.a that a lot of homebrew use.

Reactions: SaulFabre and XFlak

ravenscrag

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a second hand wii on System menu 3.x
I think it was not modded before but i'm not sure.
Hackmii installer keep freezing before press 1 appear.
I tried exploit : Bannerbomb v1 and str2hax.
What Can I do ?

Last edited by ravenscrag,

boris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my Wii was stuck at the HackMii scam warning screen. The "Press 1 to continue" message never appear after 10 minutes. After comparing with the installer.log with my other successfully softmodded Wii, I found that HackMii was launched under IOS35 instead of IOS58. Then I put the boot.elf from WiiMod to my SD Card, launch LetterBomb again, install IOS58 wad using WiiMod, then put back the HackMii boot.elf, and launch LetterBomb again. Boommm! the "Press 1 to continue" message finally appear. I am not sure if it is only my special case but it may be good to include this trick in the ModMii Wizard Guide. Great work XFlak!

HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 35 rev 0x410
61 titles are installed
Found IOS 80: revision: 0x1b20.
Found IOS 55: revision: 0x1219*
Found IOS 53: revision: 0x1011*
Found IOS 38: revision: 0xe19*
Found IOS 37: revision: 0x816*
Found IOS 250: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 249: revision: 0x11*
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xc16*
Found IOS 35: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 34: revision: 0x40f.
Found IOS 33: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 31: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 30: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x304.
Found IOS 20: revision: 0xc.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x10a.
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x101.
Found IOS 13: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x6.
Found IOS 11: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x206.\
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x202.
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x204.
Found IOS 4: revision: 0x3.

launching IOS 35 for the installer...
IOS versions: Installer: 35, HBC: 0
starting preparations

Last edited by boris1,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my Wii was stuck at the HackMii scam warning screen. The "Press 1 to continue" message never appear after 10 minutes. After comparing with the installer.log with my other successfully softmodded Wii, I found that HackMii was launched under IOS35 instead of IOS58. Then I put the boot.elf from WiiMod to my SD Card, launch LetterBomb again, install IOS58 wad using WiiMod, then put back the HackMii boot.elf, and launch LetterBomb again. Boommm! the "Press 1 to continue" message finally appear. I am not sure if it is only my special case but it may be good to include this trick in the ModMii Wizard Guide. Great work XFlak!
Make sure you install Priiloader and BootMii afterwards, along with making a nand backup.. Just in case.

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your modmii guide told u that if u experience this issue to run modmii's hackmii solutions wizard. The hackmii solutions wizard will have solved the issue in a similar fashion to what u eventually did. I'm glad it worked out for u, but the process would have been easier if u read the steps more carefully

boris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your modmii guide told u that if u experience this issue to run modmii's hackmii solutions wizard. The hackmii solutions wizard will have solved the issue in a similar fashion to what u eventually did. I'm glad it worked out for u, but the process would have been easier if u read the steps more carefully
You are right. I need some coffee.....

Reactions: ca032769

kcghost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to report as issue in 6.6.3, just installed today.
I saw this at first in ModMii Skin, but also replicated in Classic.

Tried to do a neek2o 96 SNEEK+DI Install, got an error that appears to relate to NUS downloading:
Building SNEEK+DI neek2o rev96

neek2o Enabled (can be changed in options)

SNEEK and SNEEK+DI SD Access Disabled (can be changed in options)

Downloading Official Sneek Installer (v0.7a)

Downloading Autoit

Downloading 0000000e.app from IOS80
NusFileGrabber 1.3 by Leathl and XFlak...

Grabbing Ticket...
Downloading Failed...
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.The system cannot find the file
specified.

WARNING: Some files Required for the neek2o install are missing.
Aborting neek2o Installation, check your internet connection
Then repeat the Installation to try again.

Press any key to return to the Main Menu.

Reactions: CoolMe

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would like to report as issue in 6.6.3, just installed today.
I saw this at first in ModMii Skin, but also replicated in Classic.

Tried to do a neek2o 96 SNEEK+DI Install, got an error that appears to relate to NUS downloading:
Thanks, until I push an update, try this
you can wait until I push another modmii update or modmii patch, or you can manually adjust the modmii.bat file in notepad, search for all instances of NusFileGrabber.exe, and add this URL to the end of the line: http://ccs.cdn.sho.rc24.xyz/ccs/download/

for example, change:
Code:
support\NusFileGrabber.exe %version%
to
Code:
support\NusFileGrabber.exe %version% http://ccs.cdn.sho.rc24.xyz/ccs/download/

after making this change modmii's *.app downloads should work (assuming ModMii has patched itself during an update check to use an updated version of nusfilegrabber)

boris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you install Priiloader and BootMii afterwards, along with making a nand backup.. Just in case.
For NAND backup, if I have two Wiis with the same boot1, can I just keep one backup and use it for both Wii if recovery is needed?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For NAND backup, if I have two Wiis with the same boot1, can I just keep one backup and use it for both Wii if recovery is needed?
Absolutely not! Nand images are system specific, and you shouldn't restore a nand backup from one system to another. Unless you are looking for a brick..

Reactions: jeannotte

boris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely not! Nand images are system specific, and you shouldn't restore a nand backup from one system to another. Unless you are looking for a brick..
I originally think that only the key file is specific. Thanks for saving me from brick. Btw, I am curious about what system specific information is stored in NAND backup?

Reactions: CoolMe

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I originally think that only the key file is specific. Thanks for saving me from brick. Btw, I am curious about what system specific information is stored in NAND backup?
for example, the Wii system keys, the savedata, the region and serial number, the MAC address, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...