Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hows everyone today?
I like the gui Xflak! unfortunately I can only use it when logged into the hidden default admin. acc on a vista 32bit operating system. I have triied under other admin profiles run as administrator but the gui just says ENTERED WRONG KEY.

I can use the classic modmii under other admin accounst just not the gui modmii. :(

just wondered if anyone else might end up haveing this issue.

Nice work

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going to use modmii for the first time ever on a different wii i just bought and should get by next week.i already got all the 4.3u files using modmii already,i don't know what sytem menu the wii is going to start with.if the system menu is lower than 4.3 should i update the wii with a official nintendo update before i use the multi mod manger which i believe installs all the wads in the wad folder.
i haven't modded a wii for a long time now, so i just wanted to make sure i don't make a mistake when it comes to modding the next wii i'm going to get because i'm giving this one away.
i could have used the smash bros hack but i decided to use modmii to get the letterbomb files and everything for 4.3U.

edit
never mind about the multi mod manager thing i looked itt up and seen what it looked like and what it was used for.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is on 4.2 or 4.1 you can use bannerbomb ans i would just stay on what ever sysmenu it comes with

i should have said this in my first post although i might just on whatever system menu it is.my new wii is supposly going to be one of those LU50-55 wiis.so it might not be 4.0-2

but if its below i think bannerbomb should still work i used that one a couple of times before.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's odd, it works for me without running the app as an administrator on multiple PCs. I don't even know what hidden default admin account your referring to.
Chrisluther is correct with the admin acc. that is hidden by default. I am bummed I can't use it in my profile but I still like the classic also. :D It has more options that I like to use. I brought it up because I think a newbie would be prevented from using it.

Later
Shag

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's odd, it works for me without running the app as an administrator on multiple PCs. I don't even know what hidden default admin account your referring to.
Chrisluther is correct with the admin acc. that is hidden by default. I am bummed I can't use it in my profile but I still like the classic also. :D It has more options that I like to use. I brought it up because I think a newbie would be prevented from using it.

Later
Shag
You, as far as I know, are the first person to have this problem. None of the beta testers experienced this issue, and I assume no one else who has tried this yet has either, or else they probably would have posted it here. This makes me think that it might be more of a problem with your computer than a problem with the app, but I guess we will have to wait and see if more people experience this issue :unsure:

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Later
Shag
You, as far as I know, are the first person to have this problem. None of the beta testers experienced this issue, and I assume no one else who has tried this yet has either, or else they probably would have posted it here. This makes me think that it might be more of a problem with your computer than a problem with the app, but I guess we will have to wait and see if more people experience this issue :unsure:

I know the beta testers have ran tons of scenarios so it’s probably something on my end. I have a fresh install of Vista 32bit and given all the admin. privileges I possibly can think of. It’s not a big deal for me just thought it worth mentioning. I still can use modmii classic fine. :)

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Shag. As a test have you tried
a. testing this on an account which is only a standard user
b. disabling UAC and seeing what happens when you run ModMii. - re enable aftwards
c. checked NTFS folder permissions make sure your user account has full control.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shag. As a test have you tried
a. testing this on an account which is only a standard user
b. disabling UAC and seeing what happens when you run ModMii. - re enable aftwards
c. checked NTFS folder permissions make sure your user account has full control.
Will check.

Thanks ChrisLuther :)

a. Tested under both standard and admin users (Modmii said I typed wrong key)
b. disabled UAC (Modmii said I typed wrong key)
c. Rewrote folder permissions for specific admin profile and still (Modmii said I typed wrong key)

Weird....

It will let me use it under the vista default admin account, there must be something screwed up with my permissions :blink:

Thanks for trying

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey X,
A good thing about your last version is that it still keeps the old Dos based menu and I think you should never drop this option in future releases since many people are used to it.
Just have a question about the difference in sneek version (userwise) [they all emulate Nand fine and seem to have the same speed]
congrats, keep the good work going.
Abz

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='Shag'],
have you tried enabling ModMii's verbose option? If not, enabled it so u can see the ModMiiSkinCMD window and u should not see any text appear in that window, if there's an error some text will likely appear in that window

@AbdallahTerro,
yea I wouldn't want to get rid of ModMii Classic either :D. That won't ever happen unless I rewrite learn Qt and rewrite modmii entirely.

About neek, what do u want to know? uneek the nand is on the USB (more space), sneek the nand is on the SD Card, +di can load games off a USB, sneek+di can use DML to load GC games off a SD card, uneek+di or uneek can use joyflow, postloader works on all, this and more info is available in modmii itself though, so not sure what else u want to know

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Shag'],
have you tried enabling ModMii's verbose option? If not, enabled it so u can see the ModMiiSkinCMD window and u should not see any text appear in that window, if there's an error some text will likely appear in that window

Hey Xflak,
that shows the error but I don't understand it. I have 2 pics of it in my profile photos It says cannot find path specified. I have a 2word profile name maybe it doesn't like that.

later,
Shag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U