Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I won't have to fix it if IOSKpatch isn't necessary, I just posted this in sneek+di thread

XFlak said:
XFlak said:
does anyone know if emulated nand for uneek+di still needs to be patched using IOSkpatch.exe in order to get best results??

Thanks in advance.
*bump*

If IOSkpatch is no longer required then I want to remove it from ModMii, if anyone could test for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thx!

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
This is an amazing program! Thanks!
thought id start that way
biggrin.gif

Anyways I was wondering if there's a UNEEK setup in this like there is a SNEEK setup in ModMii.
Because I could not find it
ohnoes.png

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DroRox said:
This is an amazing program! Thanks!
thought id start that way
biggrin.gif

Anyways I was wondering if there's a UNEEK setup in this like there is a SNEEK setup in ModMii.
Because I could not find it
ohnoes.png
You did not look hard enough or you did not even try out the sneek feature. When you go to use the sneek feature modmii will ask you if you want it to be sneek, sneek+di, uneek, or uneek+di.

Winhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a friend of mine needs to convert a PAL Wii into a NTSC Wii. (4.3E to 4.3U)

I saw there is a file in mod mii called Region-Select-NUS-v2.wad

Is there anything i need to know about region changing?

I belive that there will be a banner brick because of the PAL region channels.

If that were the case, would it be possible to do the "region free everything" with the priiloader 0.7MOD hacks, so he only needed to apply the Region-Select-NUS-v2.wad?

lentoviolento

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JoostinOnline said:
lentoviolento said:
My antivirus reports the file "support / IOSKPatch.exe" as a virus.
I also tested the file on "virustotal.com" and there have 20 of 40 tools identified the file as a virus, too.

Please check and correct the file if necessary.
Crap. I thought the false positives were fixed. What av do you have?

I use "AVG Anti-Virus." But the virus has been recognized by many other programs.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
ioskpatch is no longer used in the latest modmii beta, case closed
biggrin.gif

Even my AV gave me a warning, do you remember?

When was this .exe introduced in ModMii? Because my AV never gave me a warn about it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii v4.7.3 Beta 1 ready for testing!
I'm very pleased to say I added a new feature that I expect will be as popular as the ModMii Wizard!
If you want to join my beta testing group, send me a PM with your email address.
Note, if the group gets too large I will have to start saying no to people.

Step

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiitaly.it
XP
Country
Italy
FIX94 said:
It is a hard and long process to translate this really big program. If you have enough free time you can ask XFlak.
Yes! it's true, I'm working on the 4.7.2 for the Italian translation and discover that XFlak is working on 4.7.3 ..... but a few months of vacation is possible?
wacko.gif

@XFlak: As you have seen the beta testing is not for me, better the translation!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
PsyBlade said:
complicated updates are inevitable when hardcoding translations
thats why better methods were invented
No argument here... but somehow I doubt those methods will work with a batch file, lol. Once my wife finishes school and starts working maybe I'll go back to school (this time for computers) and then the next app I write will be in a real programming language instead of batch and I'll finally be able to support better translation methods. That's my dream anyways... but I got at least 2 years to wait before that happens... and if I have a kid before then... well, my dream of going back to school is pretty much toast at that point, lol.

But honestly, translating ModMii is a lot of work, which is why I appreciate all the hard work and dedication my translators exhibit
biggrin.gif

That being said, I never intended to support other languages, instead I was approached by people willing\wanting to translate ModMii. I'm very happy to have ModMii available in other languages, but there's not much I can really do to streamline the translating process... all I can do is offer advice\help where I can.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
PsyBlade said:
complicated updates are inevitable when hardcoding translations
thats why better methods were invented
No argument here... but somehow I doubt those methods will work with a batch file, lol. Once my wife finishes school and starts working maybe I'll go back to school (this time for computers) and then the next app I write will be in a real programming language instead of batch and I'll finally be able to support better translation methods. That's my dream anyways... but I got at least 2 years to wait before that happens... and if I have a kid before then... well, my dream of going back to school is pretty much toast at that point, lol.

But honestly, translating ModMii is a lot of work, which is why I appreciate all the hard work and dedication my translators exhibit
biggrin.gif

That being said, I never intended to support other languages, instead I was approached by people willing\wanting to translate ModMii. I'm very happy to have ModMii available in other languages, but there's not much I can really do to streamline the translating process... all I can do is offer advice\help where I can.
The part about having kids. an not beeing able to go to school. thats so untrue dude. my wife is "back in school" doing here masters program, Me i plan on going when she is all finished, sooner if/when i get my 2yr twins in pre k.
biggrin.gif
. and i have to start at the bottom.(F**k shouldn't have dropped out). also i can test if spots are still open.
yaywii.gif
.. mybe i'll finally write in the "welcome" thread.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea... but on one income we're already scraping by. When my wife starts working she'll probably be earning less, so if we have kids early I don't know if I can go back to school without majorly going into debt. But we'll see what happens, all I can do is continue to wrap it up and hope for the best, lol.

If you want to beta test modmii, there are still slots open. I figure I'll go as high as a dozen or so active beta testers before I put a cap on it, and right now I probably have 5 or 6, so if you want to be in the beta testing group, drop me a PM with your email address
biggrin.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm looking for someone to write a first draft of a Read Me file for ModMii. I want it to cover everything, from telling noobs where to start (ModMii Wizard) to explaining how to use ModMii's advanced downloads functions (ie. change slot # of a cIOS or build a forwarder) and other things like building beta d2x cIOSs or accessing ModMii's cmd line help screen, etc. If anyone is up to the challenge that would be awesome... otherwise I'll get around to it myself eventually. A lot of this info can be found in the first post, but it's not complete. And when the read me is finished I'll also add it to the first post of this thread.

Note, there is a new feature in v4.7.3 beta1 that I'd also like included in the read me, so if you've decided to write it, PM me for ModMii v4.7.3 beta and changelog. Also, if you start writing the read me, let me know so I can edit this post so I don't have 10 people working on the same thing. Lastly, be sure to give yourself credit by including "read me written by YOUR NAME" in the read me file itself.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oook, well started with wizard, an it's frozen on Mii channel. went looking for unfreeze.bat, and it's gone.? but then seen the "c".. sweet! started right back up. an compiling/downloading a lot faster.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so downloading the csm menus. at first they are not found,( yellow lettering). then it will try an redownload the theme, the purple comes up. skipping file, then it downloads the theme? only did this for the dark blue. it also did the same for a couple of the ios. 9,36,35.. but after downloading, i went an checked the files, an they are there.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
No argument here... but somehow I doubt those methods will work with a batch file, lol.

if you make every string a variable, then you can store all the string variables in 1 file. then have your batch file run that file to set the strings. so you only need to have a modmii_lang.bat for each language. you can run modmii_lang_french.bat to change to french, and modmii_lang_spanish.bat to change to spanish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...