• Total voters

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

Used modmii to mod my wii, totally fantastic, I have read somewhere how to delete games from configurable usb loader. I cant remember where I read it, I thought it was on the modmii guide you generate, but have looked on there, here and google, when you press the - button on the game select screen the option of deleting is greyed out. I remember you had to input a password, can anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii USB Loader Setup Guide said:
* IMPORTANT NOTES ON DEFAULT SETTINGS:
------------------------------------

Two potentially dangerous features have been locked:
1) The ability to remove/delete games
2) the ability to format a hard drive.

To unlock these features, while in the configurable USB-Loader menu, hold '1' for 5 seconds, then enter the password to unlock these features. The password is 'AAAA', you can change the password/settings by using the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader. Hold '1' again for 5 seconds to lock the USB-Loader again (or it will lock automatically again once you exit the USB-Loader).

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak

thank you i looked everywhere for that, I knew I wasnt going mad!. I dont have a Paypal account but my brother does, can I just get him to send you a donation as without modmii I would have never attempted to mod my wii. Thanks again :0)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Bozza said:
XFlak

thank you i looked everywhere for that, I knew I wasnt going mad!. I dont have a Paypal account but my brother does, can I just get him to send you a donation as without modmii I would have never attempted to mod my wii. Thanks again :0)
I'm glad ModMii worked for you!

If u send me a donation, I'll send an email with ModMii's easter egg to the email address that sent the cash, if u would also like to be notified of the easter egg via a PM (since it's your brothers paypal/email) just PM me letting me know the email addy that sent the cash and the amount that was sent (just to prove that it was you or your brother who sent the donation).

Thx!

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
@keasy: Just tried it on my wii, it just fails the update. So your wii should be safe... unless your kids figure out how to get in to priiloader.

Thanks Person66 that really puts my mind at ease mate.
smile.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.5 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

See first post for more info.

2drswas.jpg

4.4.5 Changelog
  • The ModMii Wizard now includes the USB-Loader setup guide
    so users don't need to run ModMii twice. Users can choose
    not to set up a USB-Loader via the Wizard and instead do so at a
    later time using the USB-Loader setup guide option from the Main Menu.
  • WiiBackupManager is no longer recommended for formatting hard drives.
    Instead FAT32 GUI Formatter is used to format hard drives as FAT32
    and Windows Disk Management to format hard drives as NTFS.
  • cIOSs/cMIOSs moved from Download Page 2 to Download Page 4.
  • WADs for cIOS 249/250 rev21 base 37/38/56/57/58 added to Download Page 4.
  • Drive settings automatically saved for future use.
  • NAND builder optimized, it will now perform much quicker than before.
  • USB-Loader forwarder channel updated to v8.
  • Fixed bug where IOS236-v5-Mod folder was not deleted when using
    ModMii's File Cleanup Feature.
  • Fixed bug where non-virgin wii's running the ModMii Wizard were unable
    to download the IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher.
  • Fixed bug where non-virgin wii's running the ModMii Wizard were unable
    to download a new System Menu if they chose to skip individual prompts
    to download extra apps.
  • Other minor changes.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
WiiBackupManager is no longer recommended for formatting hard drives.
Instead FAT32 GUI Formatter is used to format hard drives as FAT32 and Windows Disk Management to format hard drives as NTFS.

Just curious, why?

EDIT:

Also, did you fix sneek bulk extractor for italian Windows XP?
I'm talking about this post http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3359154

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
davebaol said:
XFlak said:
WiiBackupManager is no longer recommended for formatting hard drives.
Instead FAT32 GUI Formatter is used to format hard drives as FAT32 and Windows Disk Management to format hard drives as NTFS.

Just curious, why?
if u look a few pages back, sidescroll (i think) has problems using his FAT32 hard drive (formatted using WBM) with the Wii. I recommended he try reformatting using FAT32 GUI Formatter, and it fixed his problem. There were a few others with the same issue all reported in the WBM thread.

WBM's formatter has always worked for me, but I still personally prefer using FAT32 GUI Formatter. Anyways, once WBM's formatter is deemed as stable as FAT32 GUI Formatter, I'll probably change the guides back to using WBM just cuz it's one less tool to have to download.

edit: yes, I also fixed the sneek bulk extractor for italian windows, I mentioned that I fixed it HERE, but I neglected to mention it in the official changelog (I consider it a minor change)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just did some extensive ModMii testing and found some very small bugs which I've already fixed.

I won't be putting out an update for JUST these bugs because they are very very minor. However, the bugfixes will be included in the next ModMii update.

-ModMii reports 0000009d_4.3K.app and 0000008d_4.2K.app as invalid even though they are in fact valid (they're marked as invalid only when downloaded by themselves, not as part of building a *.csm)
-ModMii can't download the twilight hack (but it's rarely used... if ever)

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First I would like to thank you for this. Has helped me alot and works great.

I have however a problem with loading GC Backups. I have a Wiikey2 installed and could load GC backups through the ordinary disc channel before.
Now i get a message "failed to read dvd 263 0x52400" whenever i start a GC backup through Disc Channel.

Most of the games still starts but some of them has problems. Do anyone know what the error means?

Any help appreciated.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Well, i don't know much about Mod chips, but u should still be able to launch gamecube backup discs using NeoGamma instead of the disc channel.

In order to play backups from the disc channel using your modchip, u may need to install MIOSv10 (overwriting the cMIOS). You can download it from ModMii's download page 1 ("M10"), then install it using a wad manager. This is the official unmodified MIOS, on a softmodded Wii without a modchip, this would disable the ability to play gamecube backup discs (assuming the wii is capable of playing backup discs in the first place), but since u have a modchip installing a stock MIOS should hopefully fix the problem u r having.

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, will try that.

Solved it. Thank you so much. Doesn't seem like you should (or need to) install modified MIOS if you have a modchip.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hey, XFlak. Just Thought I'd suggest adding USBLOADER GX in your next update cause it is getting updated again. And personally I've always like GXs GUI better than CFGs....

exorcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone having trouble with USB-Loader forwarder channel v8 updated from v3 and when i try to load it it shows the splash screen and then takes me back to the sm could just be that im a noob and dumb.

Thanks XFlak for Modmii you a genius.
bow.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@sidescroll, maybe in my spare time one of these days I'll take a look a usb-loader gx, and if I'm satisfied it's stable, then I could add support for it

@exorcist, sidescroll has also had problems with the v8 forwarder. It's based on the wiixplorer source code, and there's already a page documenting the problem on their google code page. Out of curiosity, what kind of hard drive are u using? Does it boot ok off of an an sd card? In the meantime, u can revert to v3 or v1 of my forwarders, u can download them either by using older versions of ModMii or from here: code.google.com/p/nusad/downloads/list

And you're very welcome, I'm glad u like ModMii!
biggrin.gif

exorcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@exorcist, sidescroll has also had problems with the v8 forwarder. It's based on the wiixplorer source code, and there's already a page documenting the problem on their google code page. Out of curiosity, what kind of hard drive are u using? Does it boot ok off of an an sd card? In the meantime, u can revert to v3 or v1 of my forwarders, u can download them either by using older versions of ModMii or from here: code.google.com/p/nusad/downloads/list

And you're very welcome, I'm glad u like ModMii!
biggrin.gif
Xflak Im using a generic hd enclosure that i got off ebay with a seagate momentus 160gb drive installed and it seems to work 100%.
Not sure what you mean by does it boot off sd card? if you mean does it boot apps emulators etc: yes no problems.
already gone back to v3 forwarder and works as normal.

Cheers
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended