Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 119 11.8%

• Total voters

b1g1an

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say thanks for this, I've been tempted to soft mod several times in the past but have stuck with my wiikey 1 because I didn't really understand what softmodding was doing.

Had a look at this app and thought sod it, don't try and understand it, just follow the instructions. Worked perfectly first time thank you, so if anyone else is slightly confused/worried, stop trying to follow what's going on and just follow the instructions to the letter, you won't regret it. In one evening I had a wii that booted straight into wiiflow, all the dvd-rs installed on an hd, full artwork in the loader and a completely kid proof/dvd free system just like my 360.

Thanks again XFlak, I'm just sorry it took me so long to have the faith.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak, could I region change my wii with your tool? Say, convert a NTSC Wii to a Pal Wii? Or will this brick my NTSC system?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE! this program is amazing! I have no idea how you did it but it rocks! I have a simple flash drive dedicated to it now. Look here:
Modmii.jpg

symbol and everything. =D The Only problem i had is that sometimes i had to redownload 3 times to get all the files because it would freeze up on me. Still, this blows the socks off every softmod guide ive seen (which is only like 4 lol)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@misterb98, dude, thats awesome! U have a whole flash drive called ModMii, that's so cool! Re. your freezing issues, copy and paste the following text into a new text file, then rename it "unfreezemii.bat"... and everytime modmii (or really nusd.exe) freezes, just double click the batch file instead of having to restart ModMii each time. I think I may distribute this along with ModMii in the future.... once the original nus downloader supports cmd line and is proven more stable than nusd.exe, I will be able to remove it

Code:
::UNFREEZEMII.BAT
tskill nusd

@Shebang, region changing is not supported by ModMii... if MMM eventually supports region changing... maybe I will too... or maybe I'll support it one day if I get really bored... but there are not any real plans to add that feature right now

@Dent, good catches, I've already made the changes to the latest beta

@b1g1an, I'm glad u gave ModMii a chance! Congrats on getting it all done is one night!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.2.8 Released!

by XFlak

2drswas.jpg

4.2.8 Changelog
  • The ModMii Wizard Guides will now install Priiloader as early as possible.
    If a system menu is NOT being installed, the "Priiloader Installation" step
    occurs before the "Install Wads" step as opposed to directly after it.
  • Changed the IOS236 Installer instructions in the guides to increase
    its success rate for offline users.
  • SmashStack for JAP Wii's is now supported.
  • Replaced the need for Loadmii with an elf version of Multi-Mod Manager (MMM).
    Now ModMii's "HackMii Solutions" Guides launch MMM directly via an exploit
    (or the HBC) instead of requiring to use Loadmii as an intermediary.
  • Changed version numbers of patched IOSs.
    Instead of being the stub version +1, its now the original IOS version +10,000.
    ie. IOS60v6401(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]) becomes IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]).
    This will help sys check reports make more sense in the future.
  • Added IOS236v65535(IOS36v3351[FS-ES-NP]).wad to the download database.
  • Updated Multi-Mod Manager download from v13.2 to v13.3.
  • Other minor Changes.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated Multi-Mod Manager download from v13.2 to v13.3.
wouldnt it be from 13.3 to 13.4?

great job with the updates btw.
will probably copy the earlier priiloader installation idea
biggrin.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
v13.4 of MMM has no_ios_reload enabled by default in the meta.xml, so I didn't want to use it (or modify it). And v13.3 works just as good for ModMii's purposes (in fact, 13.2 works just as good, but 13.3 has a precompiled elf version available, so I figured ModMii should update to 13.3
biggrin.gif
)

I'm glad u like the Priiloader idea! Feel free to use it
biggrin.gif
Also, I recommend u check out the revised IOS236 Installer instructions advising people to wait 30+ seconds in the HBC before launching the app, this is a temporarily solution until either the HBC or libogc or apps gets updated

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No problem dude!

I was a little dissappointed with this update because I couldn't include the new app + hacking process I was going to (which would've made the entire softmodding process involve one less step!). And I likely won't be able to do so in the future until all the ahbprot/HBC bugs get worked out (when a no_ios_reload app is launched w/out wifi access).

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, daProphet asked me via PM if I am one of the people behind ModMii! dude, I'm the only person behind ModMii (of course ModMii wouldn't exist without all the supporting apps other people have built! So that's why the credits list is so long, and every single one of those ppl deserve recognition for their work!).

If u want to play backup discs, u should download neogamma and use that, but be warned that newer Wii's will likely not be able to play backup discs without replacing the dvd drive. For that reason, and many others, I highly recommend u use a usb-loader instead.

to backup the games to a dvd, use an app like "clean rip" (google it) to rip the game to your hard drive or sd card, then u can burn it to a dvd (or just keep the rip on your hard drive). Typically I backup my games to my external hard drive using cfg usb loader

toeskneez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, well I tried ModMII and it took me a full 2 days to get it going....But.... I got it going and it is awesome! I already had a D2Pro chip in to play backups of course, but liked the idea of just a drive to store everything on, no more chance of ruining backup discs also! and after some mucking around got it going.

Let me just say this is BRILLIANT!! Thank you to the dev's youare awesome.

Cheers, liefy
yaywii.gif

toeskneez

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Your welcome liefy!

PS. Wow, u’ve been at gbatemp for a loooong time, and your FIRST post was to thank me for ModMii! I feel honoured!

Haha, XFlak, hadn't even noticed! (I have been here a long time!) Gee, how time flys!

You're welcome!!

Cheers, liefy
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...