Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

equazcion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a disk in the drive when you launch the dml game.
Holy crap you're right. I stuck in my Wii Sports disc and DML loaded. Sorry about the "holy crap", I just haven't seen my beloved Pikmin 2 on a screen in ages :)

I never would've thought you'd need just "a disc" to be in the drive. Thanks obcd!

Apparently I can't use a Wii remote for GameCube games (I kinda knew that but was in denial), so I still can't play this. But I am one step closer.

FYI for whoever might land here looking for Pikmin 2 info, the intro screen and demo look pretty choppy. According to NeoGamma's compatibility list, it's supposed to play fine, though most people get a crash at the halfway point in the game.

Edit: A bit more info, I tried burning the Pikmin 2 ISO (renamed from .GCM) to a DVD (4x speed using ImgBurn, plain DVD-R), loaded using NeoGamma, and the choppiness is gone. The intro screen and demo run smooth as butter. Now I just need that damn GameCube controller.

Thanks again xflak, you do rock.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 5.5.2 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v5.1.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

5.5.2 Changelog
  • Made changes to how ModMii checks for and performs updates. ModMii v5.5.2 performs exactly the same as ModMii v5.5.1 except that it will be able to install future updates. Going forward, all versions of ModMii older than v5.5.2 will be updated to v5.5.2 before being able to update further (ie. v5.6.X when released).

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a disk in the drive when you launch the dml game.
Holy crap you're right. I stuck in my Wii Sports disc and DML loaded. Sorry about the "holy crap", I just haven't seen my beloved Pikmin 2 on a screen in ages :)

I never would've thought you'd need just "a disc" to be in the drive. Thanks obcd!

Apparently I can't use a Wii remote for GameCube games (I kinda knew that but was in denial), so I still can't play this. But I am one step closer.

FYI for whoever might land here looking for Pikmin 2 info, the intro screen and demo look pretty choppy. According to NeoGamma's compatibility list, it's supposed to play fine, though most people get a crash at the halfway point in the game.

Edit: A bit more info, I tried burning the Pikmin 2 ISO (renamed from .GCM) to a DVD (4x speed using ImgBurn, plain DVD-R), loaded using NeoGamma, and the choppiness is gone. The intro screen and demo run smooth as butter. Now I just need that damn GameCube controller.

Thanks again xflak, you do rock.

game stops got wireless gc controllers for 20 bucks :)

opoisso893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Modwii 5.5.1, when i choose Sneek (S) and sneek Installation (1) and finally rev75 (1) : in my COPY_TO_SD folder i have file "rev.txt" which indicate "UNEEK+DI neek2o rev75"
but when I launch my Emulate Nand and I press 1 the sneek menu indicate "UNEEK2O+cDI rev 72" !!!
So my question is : Modwii download the uneek binary rev 72 or rev 75 ?

Adzam

Trophies
XP
Country
With Modmii 5.5.2 i get Bootmii SD files: missing in the download log.

Seems to try download files twice before skipping !

Any Ideas ? Has only happened since update.

Correction, installed 5.5.1 same error.

opoisso893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Modmii 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 i get Post Loader Forwarder Channel: Invalid

This file already exists but it failed MD5 verification.
The current version of the file will be deleted and the file will be re-downloaded.

Re-Downloading 1 of 1: Post Loader Forwarder Channel

This file has failed to download properly multiple times, Skipping download.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='opoisso893']: I think that it is due to the fact I have updated plforwarder.wad but modmii has the md5 of the previous version. The downloaded file should be ok, but for your safety you can check the SHA1 with a program capable to of calculate it, like this http://www.nirsoft.n...h_my_files.html

Actual plforwarder.wad SHA1 Checksum is 4fbc7bd11e434b04c4ba7905903999173c000de1

Reactions: 1 person

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
BootMii files dont seem to download and also i keep getting this when starting 5.5.2

27791627.png

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
re. the bootmii SD Card files, ModMii is able to download it just fine for me (tested on multiple PCs). For those having problems are you able to access this download link?
http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

Also, the issue with the updates should be fixed in v5.5.2, when v5.5.2 is updated you should not see any errors when updating and the old window should exit.

@[member='pepxl'], your situation is what baffles me. Can you try installing a clean version of v5.5.2 and see if it is reported as up to date? Can anyone else confirm that when using v5.5.2 to check for updates that it is reported as "up to date" and not "crazy beta shit"?

If not, I think it might be an issue with your windows installation because a simple echo command seems to not be working for you.

if %currentversion% GTR %newversion% (echo This version is newer than the latest public release) & (echo.) & (echo You got some crazy new beta shit!) & (@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 4 -w 1000> nul) & (goto:menu)
For some reason your output is saying "this" is not recognized as a command... when it should be echoing that "This version is newer than the latest public release". What's even weirder is that it's executing the above command at all because the 2 versions are the same (ie. current version and new version should both be v5.5.2). What might be helpful is if you search for the above code in modmii.bat and add this line just above it

Code:
echo current version is %currentversion% - new version is %newversion%
pause

then try again and see what modmii is reporting as the current version and the new version.

@[member='stfour'], I thought we talked about this? Can you please stop deleting your downloads? If you want to update a download, just depreciate it and upload the new version. That way ModMii will continue to work until I get around to updating it with your new download links. Thx!

edit:
@pepxl,
when you go to this webpage:
http://code.google.com/p/modmii/downloads/list?can=3&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

Do you see ModMii5.5.2.zip listed there? If not, your issue will likely resolve itself when your cache gets updated\cleared.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='stfour'], I thought we talked about this? Can you please stop deleting your downloads? If you want to update a download, just depreciate it and upload the new version. That way ModMii will continue to work until I get around to updating it with your new download links. Thx!

plforwarder.wad had no version... really, I reuploaded it with the same name with the intention to not break modmii downloads. I have no idea that you keep track of md5. ;)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not angry or anything like that, but just want to make sure u understand how I'd like you to update the modmii supported files. In the future, instead of deleting "plforwarder.wad" and reuploading a new "plforwarder.wad", just depreciate "plforwarder.wad" and upload a new "plforwarder_v2.wad" or something like that. That way ModMii will continue to download\verify the old "plforwarder.wad" until ModMii is updated to use the "plforwarder_v2.wad" or whatever version # you're on.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='pepxl'], you're issue is because of a missing "temp" folder. If the temp folder does not exist, it won't be created until you load the main menu for the first time. So basically if u ever get that error, the next time u start modmii and it checks for updates it will work properly (because the temp folder would have been created after the first failed update check). I'll fix this in the next update, but basically its not a big deal because the update check should always work on the 2nd try. I'll probably reupload v5.5.2 with this minor fix so ppl downloading it in the future will get a fixed version of v5.5.2 and update checks will work on the first try.

edit: v5.5.2 reuploaded, now the temp folder is created right when modmii starts (before loading the main menu) so auto-update checks on fresh installations will work fine.

It really makes no difference if u have the old v5.5.2 because you will still be able to update to newer versions of ModMii when they're released (just the first update check on fresh installations w/out a "temp" folder will fail, but the 2nd attempt will work fine). So basically if anyone ever reads about someone having a similar problem, just tell them to try again and it should work the 2nd time.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='pepxl'], you're issue is because of a missing "temp" folder. If the temp folder does not exist, it won't be created until you load the main menu for the first time. So basically if u ever get that error, the next time u start modmii and it checks for updates it will work properly (because the temp folder would have been created after the first failed update check). I'll fix this in the next update, but basically its not a big deal because the update check should always work on the 2nd try. I'll probably reupload v5.5.2 with this minor fix so ppl downloading it in the future will get a fixed version of v5.5.2 and update checks will work on the first try.
Any idea what is causing my problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...