XP
Country

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Afaik the only advantage of 7z is better compression aka smaller downloads (traded for more ram+cpu usage)
I guess that must be the reason then even if I doubt it makes a big difference (since they don't pay for traffic)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Afaik the only advantage of 7z is better compression aka smaller downloads (traded for more ram+cpu usage)
I guess that must be the reason then even if I doubt it makes a big difference (since they don't pay for traffic)
But the downloads are so small it doesn't matter. Things will just be easier for everyone if you use zip files.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think it matters, the most important thing is knowing what format it is.
Afaik the big suites (winzip, winrar, 7zip) can open most formats anyway (ymmv I don't use them)
And .7z is not that uncommon

I even get away with using .tar.bz2, which is not common on windows

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it matters, the most important thing is knowing what format it is.
Afaik the big suites (winzip, winrar, 7zip) can open most formats anyway (ymmv I don't use them)
And .7z is not that uncommon

I even get away with using .tar.bz2, which is not common on windows
They support it, but not everybody has those programs installed. Windows will open zip files without installing anything extra.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
But modmii extracts the files for you, so it doesnt matter what archive-program you are using.
Some people want to use the installer without downloading ModMii.

Oh. well, I assumed we were talking about modmii since this is the modmii thread :P
Anyway, people should learn to use a decent archive-manager before attempting to hack their Wii lol

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask, will DIOS MIOS Lite be included in the next version of ModMii in the same way just like the d2x cIOS? I did read somewhere, that it might be supported.

If it is, then would it be possible to add a option to "switch on/off" NMM support when compiling DIOS MIOS Lite?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The reason why we're using 7z files instead of zip files is because I wrote a script for davebaol that will prepare a d2x-beta archive that is cross compatible with ModMii and the wii-side d2x cIOS Installer. After he provides the new modules, the script automatically calculates the md5 hashes of the new WADs and updates the d2x-beta script with them, then it bundles everything into on 7z archive. The reason why it was initially named with a zip extension instead of 7z is because I didn't even realize it wasn't creating true zip archives until later. Only now that davebaol's gotten complaints are we making the change from zip to 7z.

@[member='LWares'],
It can be done, but I'm not sure the DML team will go for it, I'll ask them about it and we'll see.

WiiFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Modmii is a great one stop program
Don't think it worked for me. Followed all of the instructions, but when I try to use my usb hdd, it won't load
Tried different loaders, altered the cIOS
It could be I'm thick, tried to reinstall & followed the instructions to the letter 3 times.
Thought it might be my hdd, so also tried a usb stick & another hdd
Will have to try something else now

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='LWares'],
the next update shouldn't be too far away. It's basically all DML stuff so far. I'm going to try to add some d2x cIOS changes before this next update so it might not be ready until the weekend.

@[member='WiiFool'],
Did you check the usb hdd compatibility list? Do you have your HDD plugged into usb port0 (port nearest the edge of the wii)? Where is your usb-loader saved (SD Card vs. HDD)? Is your HDD formatted as fat32?

WiiFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xflack
Have a Verbatim 320gb 2.5HDD, SanDisk 16gb flash & 500gb 3.5HDD plugged in port0 (also tried the other port) can load usb loader & other apps for the usb's. Formatted as fat32 with a wbfs folder on it , also tried formatting flash into WBFS
All drives are primary & active partitions, used Wii Backup Manager to format drives. Tried cfg-loader, usb loader gx. WiiFlow, Neogamma, Post loader.
None can find hdd??
Can use loaders on hdd, homebrew sees them & can use them, but then can't mount hdd
Have also used the media prog (can't remember name) can play films through the Wii
Any idea what I can try next?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've hacked many Wii's with ModMii now, and it's still an amazing Programm, regardeless if you are a pro at Wii hacking or a beginner. However, it seems I found a bug. Today I tried creating an emulated NAND with PostLoader inside, but ModMii fails to download PostLoader. Everything else downloads fine, so it obviously isn't my network connection. I also tried to download the newest release of PostLoader manually from the google code page, and there it's working fine. 2 days ago PostLoader was downloading fine with ModMii, so I don't know if the problem really resides in ModMii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay