Best way to load VC games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ninjyas, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010

Best way to load VC games? by ninjyas at 11:18 AM (1,204 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. ninjyas
    OP

Newcomer ninjyas Advanced Member

Sweden
    Hi,

I'm quite new to the whole Wii softmod hacking stuff...

I am interested in running some VC games available but not sure what way is the best and safest way now days. So I was hoping you could give me some recommendations on how to go through doing this.

I have a USB drive that is NTFS formatted for the Wii USB loading and I have a SDHC card that is FAT32 formatted in the machine.

Should I use WAD Manager and install them directly to the system menu or is there a better way? Maybe like the Config USB Loader thing but for VC games?

Thank you very much for your future help on this!

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    VC usually comes in wad form, right? In that case, there may be a chance of a banner-brick when installing it (a slim chance...and even less if someone confirms it working on the same region wii as you have...but a chance nonetheless). Having either bootmii or priiloader is usually enough to prevent things (in other words: if things go nasty, you can still access the HomeBrew Channel to run wad manager to uninstall the wad).

Depending on the game you're trying to play, it may be easier and better to just grab one of the available emulators out there and use that through the HBC. It'll mean you have to track down the game itself in "warez" form...but it all runs from the SD card, so the chance of bricking is zero.
    ...and for quite some platforms, the emulators are up to par (or even better) than the VC itself. [​IMG]