Hacking Best way to get rid of Dust on DS Lite?

Corizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got my Invisible Shield yesterday and am about to put it on, but I got a spec of white dust on each screen.

What is the best way to get rid of it? I've tried compressed air but that didn't work.

davr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
it's possible the dust is inside the screen cover, in which case i think you're pretty much screwed. i had that on my old cellphone, there was a ton of dust INSIDE the screen, and i didn't know how to get it out. (it was just some crappy small phone, and it didn't block me from reading the screen, so i didn't care)

Corizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Compressed air took off some of the white specs, and I used it at a very safe distance where it was not very close to the screen

The spots not really that noticable as it's only noticable on an entirely black screen but I would still have liked to get rid of them.

I'll try a damp cloth, I'm guessing a lint free one?

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's best to use a cloth to remove dust. Give it a blast with compressed air just before you put on the screen protector, it can be tricky to get it on without dust getting underneath.
Also, you say it's only noticeable on a black screen, sure it's not a stuck pixel?

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try those eyeglasses microfibre cloths and use compress air when they're at the sides... that's the only thing i can come up wtih .

Corizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's best to use a cloth to remove dust. Give it a blast with compressed air just before you put on the screen protector, it can be tricky to get it on without dust getting underneath.
Also, you say it's only noticeable on a black screen, sure it's not a stuck pixel?

I had 2 stuck pixels on the DSL I took back and this looks different

coolitom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to remove scratches? maybe some polish?

I wouldn't try using any chemicals to clean the DS apart from a damp cloth, you could perminently damage the screen.

Well actually, I was having some trouble with fingerprints and dust on my screens and wiping them with a damp cloth didnt do me any good, so I used a solution of 50% distilled water and 50% isopropyl alcohol (after testing on my very retro Gameboy) and used a "microfibre" cloth (the ones that usually come with your glasses case) and it worked like a charm. Other occasional small particles of dust i just use a piece of paper to slide it off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte