Best way to get HDD from one CFW PS3 working in another CFW PS3 without losing content?

trickytree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CFW PS3 with a 1TB drive full of PKG installed games. I recently bought another PS3 as a backup system, which I've also installed the same CFW to. If the first system were to die, what would be the easiest way to get the HDD working on the new system without losing the installed content?

I know you can't just put the drive into the new system, as the PS3 will want to format the drive. A last resort would be to do the reformat then reinstall the PKGs manually, which would take forever.
Is there some other way?

Could I make a PC backup of the PS3 game folder via FTP, reformat the drive in the new PS3 and then FTP them back? Would a database rebuild work here, or are the installed games files tied to the old console?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way I can think of is to backup your erk on both systems, then if the first one dies, use the erk to backup the files with ps3 tools. We don't have write privileges iirc, so ftp with an ethernet cable to the new system. You'll have to redo licenses, so get the rap files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: