Hacking Best way to get Games to USB?

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

Sorry for Stupid question, but since a few weeks im a proud owner of a Zelda WiiU Edition and i Modifyed it with the Haxchi Cold Boot.

Works fine for me so far, but i would like to add an USB drive, but is there really no other way as copy files to SD Card and Install with WUP installer?

First idea was to use Loadiine, because as far as i understood this tool would be able to ready directly from USB without installation, but seems to be obsolte?! :(

Whats the best way, perhaps WUP installer, but copy every game to SD (i buyed only 32GB) and then install to USB kinda sucks :(

Thanks in advance for your support :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Sorry for Stupid question, but since a few weeks im a proud owner of a Zelda WiiU Edition and i Modifyed it with the Haxchi Cold Boot.

Works fine for me so far, but i would like to add an USB drive, but is there really no other way as copy files to SD Card and Install with WUP installer?

First idea was to use Loadiine, because as far as i understood this tool would be able to ready directly from USB without installation, but seems to be obsolte?! :(

Whats the best way, perhaps WUP installer, but copy every game to SD (i buyed only 32GB) and then install to USB kinda sucks :(

Thanks in advance for your support :)
Wiiup installer is the best way for best performance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your support!

but it’s not possible from USB to USB in case of space
You have two options:
  1. Use a WUP installer to install games off the SD card. Bigger games will require a bigger SD card during the installation process, and there's no way around it.
  2. Use NUSspli to install content directly from Nintendo's servers, similar to the eShop
If you have a 32GB SD card, I would just use that and install whatever games will fit on the SD card at a time. You can delete games off the SD card after they're installed to the NAND or USB.

Last edited by Lacius,

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thank you for your answer.. =)

Whats the Maximum SD Size which i can use? I read something about 32/64GB would be Maximum which was the reason for the 32GB because first i tought about to buy a 512gb card without external HDD.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answer.. =)

Whats the Maximum SD Size which i can use? I read something about 32/64GB would be Maximum which was the reason for the 32GB because first i tought about to buy a 512gb card without external HDD.
I don't understand why you want a bigger SD card. What matters is the size of your USB HDD, since that is where you will likely store most of your games. The SD card is only used during the installation process.

Reactions: jeannotte

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't understand why you want a bigger SD card. What matters is the size of your USB HDD, since that is where you will likely store most of your games. The SD card is only used during the installation process.

No no no, you got me wrong, i meant a bigger SD Card and then dont use the External Hard Drive and install the Games to the SD Card instead of USB.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no, you got me wrong, i meant a bigger SD Card and then dont use the External Hard Drive and install the Games to the SD Card instead of USB.
You can only install WUP-installable games to the Wii U's internal NAND or a USB storage device.

You can play games from the SD card using Loadiine, but this is not recommended. You will run into compatibility issues, the SD reader is much slower and will result in long loading times when you're playing your games, and you will not be able to play online with any of your Loadiine games. Finally, USB storage is cheaper than SD storage.

There is literally no reason to play games off an SD card.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You can only install WUP-installable games to the Wii U's internal NAND or a USB storage device.

You can play games from the SD card using Loadiine, but this is not recommended. You will run into compatibility issues, the SD reader is much slower and will result in long loading times when you're playing your games, and you will not be able to play online with any of your Loadiine games. Finally, USB storage is cheaper than SD storage.

There is literally no reason to play games off an SD card.

Okay.. Thanks for your Time :)

I finally got it :) so i will do the step by step way and take a 2.5 USB HDD with a Y-Adapter. :)

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: