Gaming Best way to get cheap DS games?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know the best/cheapest way to get used DS games without pirating. And a reliable source would be nice too. You know, a place that won't steal my card number.

Thank you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make friends with various people (many people are happy to have a bit of cash in hand and less than either a shop might sell it for and even less than they might be able to flip it for), do the rounds of local pawn shops that do not know the state of play for things, do the rounds of various yard sales and keep an eye on various places that might have games but do not have it as their main stock and trade. Also things like ebay (ignore any sellers in Hong Kong) and Amazon. Given the former will allow you to pay in cash and the latter are massive sites that abstract payment....

A lot of the really good stuff on the DS is kind of rare though (assuming you do not just care for nintendo first party stuff) and it is only getting harder to get the rare stuff from Europe (several great European exclusives exist remember) and Japan.
On the flip side a lot of places did not seem to know what they had -- when I was doing the game of the week series I would usually do a token search on whatever amazon or ebay for the region the games I was suggesting were from and a lot were not actually that bad.

I am not sure how it will play out as the DS was far larger than what came before but it is usually around this time (successor well and truly out but still floundering a bit/with a lack of games) that I have found the hardest to get games in. Still if you do not want to go the flash cart route well thems the breaks.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did get an Acekard 2i, but my old DS broke a week after using it. I'm not sure whether I want to use it on this DS. And I'd rather buy the games.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I did get an Acekard 2i, but my old DS broke a week after using it. I'm not sure whether I want to use it on this DS. And I'd rather buy the games.

Your ds broke because it was old, not because you used the acekard 2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday! +1