360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi team,

I can't get my xkey to read my external hard drive. It is a 4TB seagate black up plus hub formatted to NTFS.

I have used the windows disk management tool was able to make "2 partitions" with it. It made one partition just over 2TB in size and the other partition was unallocated and it would not let me format it.

Also, is it a big deal to just use quick format?

Does anyone have any recommendations on how else to format it? I am open trying other formats.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got my drive as NTFS and it’s working great. I did connect my ribbon cable wrong the first time, though. I’d double check that cable or try a tiny flash drive to test it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would ext2 or ext3 work?

not sure, but there are apps that can format the drive. you'll only be able to see the drive in the app. I had one for a media player that only used linux partitions, but it was unstable. sometimes it'd pick up the drive; other times, it wouldn't. could've been the media player though, 'cause I returned it. that's when paypal tried to say that formatting the drive was tampering with it. I was like wtf!? talked to a supervisor and got a refund. haha...whoever thought that was an idiot. drive was unusable without formatting.

SaturnWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I posted this in another thread, but I use exFAT and it works perfectly on both my SLIM and PHAT installs.

HDD: 3TB (WD MyBook, model: WDBBGB0030HBK)
Partitions: One(1) - 3TB
Scheme: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
Filesystem: exFAT

xKey Firmware: 02.01-4

Works great and detects games quickly, using about 1.7TB of space on the drive. As long as your xkey is on firmware higher than 01.28 - then you should be able to use drives and partitions larger than 2TB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there