LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina

Here's a clip using the exact setting you listed. See the :25 for major slowdown. I don't get ANY slowdown in 007 with Lakka.

This is using Mupen 2.1 with threaded rendering as well, the results are similar with it turned off though.

Share us a video of you playing with your specs so we can see the games running on Lakka the way you say they do. Maybe we can notice or spot something on your configation that we are missing on ours.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Try GPU OC too using sys-clk, docked
I don't have problems with 64 games on Switch LOL I'm asking HappehLemons to share us his specs since he seems to be the only one experiencing a wonderful Lakka performance in the entire forum and I wanna see what settings he's using and a game running to compare to mine. If Lakka performs the way he say it does, it would be a huge help to know how is he achieving it.

Last edited by LeyendaV,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have problems with 64 games on Switch LOL I'm asking HappehLemons to share us his specs since he seems to be the only one experiencing a wonderful Lakka performance in the entire forum and I wanna see what settings he's using and a game running to compare to mine. If Lakka performs the way he say it does, it would be a huge help to know how is he achieving it.
No, GoldenEye is tricky, other games should play just fine with default settings.

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's 007 on Lakka running with NO SLOWDOWN. Same settings as HOS apart from the GPU +3

And in the other thread I posted DK64 working perfect (A game that you said didn't work)

If you haven't actually tested this stuff please don't just make things up.

Try GPU OC too using sys-clk, docked

I've posted about this in the past. sysclock with GPU OC has no effect on RA in HOS.

I've posted 3 examples so far and no one is giving example of Lakka worse, or scenarios where it does.
Please post examples of Lakka not working or stop saying it just works worse.

I'm not saying Lakka is the best.

I'm saying in my test I've found Lakka to be better, and I have examples, yet I can't find any of HOS working better like everyone is saying.

Last edited by HappehLemons,

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Here's 007 on Lakka running with NO SLOWDOWN. Same settings as HOS apart from the GPU +3

And in the other thread I posted DK64 working perfect (A game that you said didn't work)

If you haven't actually tested this stuff please don't just make things up.

I've posted about this in the past. sysclock with GPU OC has no effect on RA in HOS.

I've posted 3 examples so far and no one is giving example of Lakka worse, or scenarios where it does.
Please post examples of Lakka not working or stop saying it just works worse.

I'm not saying Lakka is the best.

I'm saying in my test I've found Lakka to be better, and I have examples, yet I can't find any of HOS working better like everyone is saying.

You are all around saying Lakka is best while it doesn't. And the you keep sharing useless vids, as I said several times we need to see the specs ON CAMERA. A video showing Lakka boot, moving through the setting and then booting the game.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are all around saying Lakka is best while it doesn't. And the you keep sharing useless vids, as I said several times we need to see the specs ON CAMERA. A video showing Lakka boot, moving through the setting and then booting the game.
Let's try isolate his issue instead critic him, glad to hear Mupen64Plus Next works great for you :)

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What audio driver are you using btw?

The audio drives are default. IN RA for HOS.

The only setting changed are the ones you posted.

My suggestion, try 007 yourself in RA and post your results. I promise you the will mimic mine.

Just boot up Lakka and try it. The only difference is that I'm using Lakkas GPU +3 profile. I'm not making another video because you're in denial or something. Your behavior is seriously strange.

I already said what my setting were so please read those posts.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The audio drives are default. The only setting changed are the ones you posted with a +3 GPU profile.

Just boot up Lakka and try it. The only difference is that I'm using Lakkas GPU +3 profile. I'm not making another video because you're in denial or something. Your behavior is seriously strange.

Set the audio driver to switch_thread, audren has issues currently, try higher latency too.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina

I tried them and they didn't work. That's why I asked you to show us your entire settings to try to spot something we are missing. But if you don't wanna show us it's fine.

Let's try isolate his issue instead critic him, glad to hear Mupen64Plus Next works great for you :)
Overall, Mupen is a good core. I hope the 64 leaks we had not long ago helps to spot important problems on the architecture and patch them.

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried them and they didn't work. That's why I asked you to show us your entire settings to try to spot something we are missing. But if you don't wanna show us it's fine.

Please post a video. I'm willing to help you, but you need to at least show something because I don't believe you tired.

You don't need to change any Lakka RA core settings apart from the res being on 320x (Which you might not even have to do, I only do this because I like the way this looks).
I'm just using GPU +3 Profile.
Max Overclock (1785 MHz)

I have has no games not work with these settings so far.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Set the audio driver to switch_thread, audren has issues currently, try higher latency too.

I've previously done this, still gets heavy frame drops in the same area.

Trust me, there's no issue. This is just how 007 runs in HOS. Worse then Lakka, like other hard to run games as well. I suggest you try Lakka to see how it runs other games faster as well versus telling me to "fix my shit".

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nvm

Please post a video. I'm willing to help you, but you need to at least show something because I don't believe you tired.

You don't need to change any Lakka RA core settings apart from the res being on 320x (Which you might not even have to do, I only do this because I like the way this looks).
I'm just using GPU +3 Profile.
Max Overclock (1785 MHz)

I have has no games not work with these settings so far.

I've previously done this, still gets heavy frame drops in the same area.

Trust me, there's no issue. This is just how 007 runs in HOS. Worse then Lakka, like other hard to run games as well. I suggest you try Lakka to see how it runs other games faster as well versus telling me to "fix my shit".
Lol, when I say "fix your shit" I mean fix your settings as you mostly have slowdowns due to wrong settings, don't take that on the wrong way.

Smth else that may help in performance is to override to a game that doesn't have video recording, in my case is DOOM 2016.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
Reactions: TheCasualties

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try what I told you above

Sorry dude, but I just I think you're not understanding - this isn't a HOS issue or a settings issue.

007, and a few other games, just don't run well on HOS RA no matter what the settings are.

When it comes to those games, Lakka out-preforms them. For casual use, sure - HOS is fine, but if you want to play games at higher resolutions or harder to play games you will get a better hand-held, non-wireless, non-docked experience every time I have tired Lakka runs better.

If you have somehow managed to get 007 without any frame drop / stuttering in the same area I posted in HOS please show an example.

I have tired multiple switches on HOS RA and have never seen this not happen in that area.

nvm

Smth else that may help in performance is to override to a game that doesn't have video recording, in my case is DOOM 2016.

This is interesting. Do you know if this actually speeds anything up or do you just normally use doom? I don't own doom but I know fortnight does this and I'd be willing to download it if that'll help HB run faster somehow.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry dude, but I just I think you're not understanding - this isn't a HOS issue or a settings issue.

007, and a few other games, just don't run well on HOS RA no matter what the settings are.

When it comes to those games, Lakka out-preforms them. For casual use, sure - HOS is fine, but if you want to play games at higher resolutions or harder to play games you will get a better hand-held, non-wireless, non-docked experience every time I have tired Lakka runs better.

If you have somehow managed to get 007 without any frame drop / stuttering in the same area I posted in HOS please show an example.

I have tired multiple switches on HOS RA and have never seen this not happen in that area.

This is interesting. Do you know if this actually speeds anything up or do you just normally use doom? I don't own doom but I know fortnight does this and I'd be willing to download it if that'll help HB run faster somehow.
Yes, my benchmark was with Majora's Mask with Nerrel's HD texture pack 720p + customized shaders.

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my benchmark was with Majora's Mask with Nerrel's HD texture pack 720p + customized shaders.

I'll have to try this and see what happens. Does doom overclock the GPU as well? Sysclock has had no effect on my RA performance, but it would be weird if this did. I use Ring-Fit or Animal Crossing to boot my HB. I'll see if Fortnight has the same result.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll have to try this and see what happens. Does doom overclock the GPU as well? Sysclock has had no effect on my RA performance, but it would be weird if this did. I use Ring-Fit or Animal Crossing to boot my HB. I'll see if Fortnight has the same result.
No side effects at all, you can use your sys-clk profiles just fine.

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kek

double kek
factually not true.

I have not seen any performance gains with sysclock changing GPU settings (460MHz) in RA using HOS with Mupen64Plus-Next

When using Lakka using the same GPU clock settings (460MHz), I get a pretty large performance boost allowing me to get full FPS on games like 007 as show in this thread.

I use 007 as a benchmark. But have tested other games and had similar results. Happy to post video examples and sysclock log files to confirm if you'd like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea but my total income is negative, lol