Homebrew Question Best way to emulate Wii nowadays?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Lakka? Android? Ubuntu? etc

I know Dolphin is pretty slow on Switch but I really wanna test Monster Hunter 3 tri-.
If you have a good PC for gaming and emulating GameCube/Wii (at least i run a bit decently these in my PC with Intel Core i7 5th gen / 8 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 5500), you can run Dolphin on your PC.
Or, if you have a high-class gaming Android smartphone, tablet or TV box (such Nvidia Shield Android TV), you can also run Dolphin in there, too.

Get it for free for your PC with Windows, macOS and Linux, and also on your Android smartphone or tablet: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

In other words, if you have a good PC for gaming, PC is the best option for run GC/Wii games decently.

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

Gabriel2Silva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have a good PC for gaming and emulating GameCube/Wii (at least i run a bit decently these in my PC with Intel Core i7 5th gen / 8 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 5500), you can run Dolphin on your PC.
Or, if you have a high-class gaming Android smartphone, tablet or TV box (such Nvidia Shield Android TV), you can also run Dolphin in there, too.

Get it for free for your PC with Windows, macOS and Linux, and also on your Android smartphone or tablet: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

In other words, if you have a good PC for gaming, PC is the best option for run GC/Wii games decently.

I have a good PC and I already run Wii games on it. That's not the point, though. I want to know what's the best way to run Dolphin on the Switch. My PC can run Dolphin at 4K res (at least the games I want to play) pretty easily.

I know Wii emulation sucks on the Switch. I just want to know what's the "less bad" option nowadays considering there's a bunch of options including Android, Lakka, Ubuntu etc.

Reactions: SaulFabre

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On pc you can use motion controls from ps4 controller for console experience
On android, good way to play portablility with a controller like gamesir x2 Bluetooth. You'd need a snapdragon 855 or better phone. I can play all games at 1080p and most at 1440p on my oneplus 7 pro

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a good PC and I already run Wii games on it. That's not the point, though. I want to know what's the best way to run Dolphin on the Switch. My PC can run Dolphin at 4K res (at least the games I want to play) pretty easily.

I know Wii emulation sucks on the Switch. I just want to know what's the "less bad" option nowadays considering there's a bunch of options including Android, Lakka, Ubuntu etc.
Lakka and Android are on par with each other when it comes to gc/wii emulation. Its still shitty tho. If you want to emulate gc/wii, just use your pc or something that is more powerful than switch.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakka? Android? Ubuntu? etc

I know Dolphin is pretty slow on Switch but I really wanna test Monster Hunter 3 tri-.
if you try emulate most consoles that are not retro 2d, the switch will struggle.

get a wii u and it will run anything you throw at it.

i wouldnt waste time trying to emulate anything PS2 upwards on the switch when it barely runs todays games without been heavily dumbed down.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gamecube youl get a bunch of decent games. For Wii unless your playing Nsmbw or Muramasa the Demon Blade, its going to suck whatever you play on Lakka, Android & Ubuntu all have similar performance. It honestly just depends on which game.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Gamecube youl get a bunch of decent games. For Wii unless your playing Nsmbw or Muramasa the Demon Blade, its going to suck whatever you play on Lakka, Android & Ubuntu all have similar performance. It honestly just depends on which game.
I agree. Honestly, PC is still the best option for emulate GameCube & Wii, by using Dolphin Emulator.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just play it on pc
stream it to switch
this!
honestly if you’re only interested in playing non switch stuff via the switch screen at home just get your pc to do the legwork and stream it
a decent pc gaming rig and a dedicated win emulator will wipe the floor with a tegra chip and any home brew

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
upscaling dolphin to 4k @ 60fps with full sxaa 8x antialiasing is the best way to go
Quite the mouthful you got there, guess with that setup you can play games like

get-hype-for-the-biggest-game-of-the-year-knuckles.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...