Best way to convert my .3ds to .cia with only Gateway? (N3DS 9.0, Emunand 9.5)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aj_hix36, Oct 29, 2015.

1. aj_hix36
    OP

aj_hix36 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    Hi, I have a New 3DS Australian version, I am running Sysnand 9.0, and Emunand 9.5, the only hacks I have installed are Gateway Ultra 3.4, and MSET hack to boot Gateway via DS Profile.

I have been using .3ds for a while, but now I'd like to convert to .cia to future proof, and make it easy to go online.

What is the simplest or fastest way to convert my collection to .cia, and how can I keep the save files?

Thanks!

2. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Download 3DS Simple CIA Converter
    Copy your ROM to the "roms" folder that 3DS Simple CIA Converter provides
    Use 3DS Simple CIA Converter to create a ncchinfo.bin for the game you wish to convert, then copy that file to your SD card
    Set up rxTools and use the decryption tools to generate xorpads
    Copy the resulting xorpads into the 3DS Simple CIA Converter's "xorpads" folder
    Click "Convert 3DS ROM to CIA"

Takes about 5 minutes total.

3. aj_hix36
    OP

aj_hix36 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    I thought rxTools does not work on New 3ds? And does using 3DS Simple CIA converter keep the save files?

Last edited by aj_hix36, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Official releases all the way up to 2.6 aren't compatible with rxTools, nightly builds are.

And no you don't keep the saves when you create a cia, if you want to keep your saves you'll have to manually extract the saves from the rom and convert them with some tool (can't recall the name right now) and inject them with savedatafiler afterwards.

Savefiles aren't created in the same format so if you convert a rom that has a savefile already in it, the cia will see it as corrupted and will ask to delete it amd create a new one.