Hacking Best way to convert my .3ds to .cia with only Gateway? (N3DS 9.0, Emunand 9.5)

Darktalon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a New 3DS Australian version, I am running Sysnand 9.0, and Emunand 9.5, the only hacks I have installed are Gateway Ultra 3.4, and MSET hack to boot Gateway via DS Profile.

I have been using .3ds for a while, but now I'd like to convert to .cia to future proof, and make it easy to go online.

What is the simplest or fastest way to convert my collection to .cia, and how can I keep the save files?

Thanks!

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Download 3DS Simple CIA Converter
Copy your ROM to the "roms" folder that 3DS Simple CIA Converter provides
Use 3DS Simple CIA Converter to create a ncchinfo.bin for the game you wish to convert, then copy that file to your SD card
Set up rxTools and use the decryption tools to generate xorpads
Copy the resulting xorpads into the 3DS Simple CIA Converter's "xorpads" folder
Click "Convert 3DS ROM to CIA"

Takes about 5 minutes total.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought rxTools does not work on New 3ds? And does using 3DS Simple CIA converter keep the save files?

Official releases all the way up to 2.6 aren't compatible with rxTools, nightly builds are.

And no you don't keep the saves when you create a cia, if you want to keep your saves you'll have to manually extract the saves from the rom and convert them with some tool (can't recall the name right now) and inject them with savedatafiler afterwards.

Savefiles aren't created in the same format so if you convert a rom that has a savefile already in it, the cia will see it as corrupted and will ask to delete it amd create a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1