Best way to clone internal HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jellybeangreen2, Jun 12, 2017.

1. jellybeangreen2
    OP

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    Hello all,

I have bought a 1TB HDD for my RGH, my 320GB is now full... I am trying to find the best way of either copying all my dashboard files (aurora dashboard) + games or do a complete clone over to the new 1TB HDD.

Does anyone have any ideas or an app that will do this for you?

Thanks

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Copy everything over to the 1TB with a transferpak (once you formatted the 1TB HDD in the 360) in XeXMenu or Aurora or FSD.

3. Wickedchew

Wickedchew Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016

Greetings, i am doing the same, and ist quite a hassle to transfer old internal hdd files to the new hdd, ( from250gb to 640gb). Whats a transfer pak? As i cannot see that option in FSD, and in aurora?

After i formatted my new internal hdd, and transfer my old files to new internal hdd..
    what steps should i do next?
    As i keep reading in the old threads. Ineed to format my new hdd partition for xboxemulator, do a a systemupgrade, and do the.avatar thing,

Thank you,

4. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If you got FTP access, just copy all of the contents of HDD1 to your PC.
    That partition contains all of your save games and games.

When you've inserted the new HDD, just follow this tut to reinstall everything.
    Once you've done that, copy everything from HDD1 over to the new HDD again and you're good to go.

Note: you can skip the dashlaunch installation, you've already installed it to NAND and it's searching for the launch.ini on the root of the HDD1 partition (which will be copied as soon as you copy back everything from HDD1)

5. Wickedchew

Wickedchew Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016

Oh thanks. Just copy everthing and im good to go, i was worried about my jtag will not work on my new hdd.,

Thanks for your tutorial, will update you once everthing are running ok..thanks

6. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    As long as you FTP over your HDD1 folder completely, nothing can go wrong.

No prob~