Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my psp came today and screen looks dirty.. not to mention the ring on the back had scratches
frown.gif

windex maybe?

sigh I already requested a replacement.. I order a limited edition psp and the ring is practically cracked

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt the screen was dirty, it was probably just the clear plastic on the faceplate that was dirty (you can take the faceplate off when you want to clean it).

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you take the screen off cause i tried and i can't one of my screw is all messed up so I can't take it out.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
How do you take the screen off cause i tried and i can't one of my screw is all messed up so I can't take it out.

It's not the screen you're trying to take off, it's the faceplate (which is what is dirty). There are a total of 5 screws you need to remove. The two on the outer edge of where the battery pack is, the two on the other side of the PSP, and the one on the bottom of the PSP (next to the barcode). Once all 5 are out, the faceplate will come right off and you can clean it up (I wouldn't mess with the screen if you don't know what you're doing because a replacement is roughly $45).

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend using a paper towel with a tiny bit of Windex or whatever to clean off the surface first. For the love of god, do NOT use toilet paper. Just make sure the paper you're using isn't the type with the little particles that come off.

Use scotch tape next. Apply it to your screen and peel it off. This should get off any remaining particles before you apply your screen protector, if you intend to do that. This is the best method that I know of and works pretty well, I did the same thing with my phone and DS.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ended up using windex on a cleaning cloth that came with my screen protectors then water after and a towel to dry it up then aired it out >.> that wont wreck my screen if I only do it once? I tried just wiping the screen but it had like residue from the god of war sticker that was on it
frown.gif

Kellicros said:
3M Scotch Brite Hi-Tech Cleaning Cloth for Gadgets

Trust me, you don't even need any liquid solution to go with it, just a couple of wipes.
smile.gif

P.S.: Just about any paper/clothes that are not made of microfiber may trap dust particles and scratch your psp when you wipe it.

I ordered one thanks
happy.gif

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
have u tried toothpaste? it actually works leave on for a but half and hour i do that with my DS and other thing like cd and stuff atfer half anf hour wipe it off and u should be good to go

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
cinnamonxv said:
have u tried toothpaste? it actually works leave on for a but half and hour i do that with my DS and other thing like cd and stuff atfer half anf hour wipe it off and u should be good to go
As crazy as it sounds, this actually works. I'm not sure if it works for the PSP... but I use it all the time to clean CDs or DVDs that are scratched up. However, I just lightly spread the toothpaste around and then immediately rinse it.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
cinnamonxv said:
As crazy as it sounds, this actually works. I'm not sure if it works for the PSP... but I use it all the time to clean CDs or DVDs that are scratched up. However, I just lightly spread the toothpaste around and then immediately rinse it.
i've been using this this method to clean up and revitalize scratched cd's and dvd's for years and it works a treat
biggrin.gif

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
i've found a problem for all psp problems... i dont use any protectors and stuff... just buying a new front/back panel every 5 months ;]

and can some1 tell me what's the fuss about scratches on the ring at the back? you ppl sound sometimes like waiting for execution...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1