Best way to cfw? haxchi -> CBHC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Soukai, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    hey,
    before i begin with it, i just wanted to be sure... is haxchi and after it cbhc currently the best way for cfw? all i want is to be able to play from USB, online and use dlcs...
    thanks in advance

2. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Haxchi will work just fine for your needs. CBHC is just a 'convenience' thing eliminating one step out of the process.

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Just to be clear, CBHC is not an upgrade you install over Haxchi; you install Haxchi and try it (with zero risk if it doesn't work) then, if it works and you want to, you replace it with CBHC (which completely replaces Haxchi, you'll never need to install it again to update CBHC)

And yep, the recommended setup is CBHC loading its builtin minicfw

4. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    thanks a lot!

5. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    installed haxchi now... but where do i finde the proper fw.img to boot from?

Last edited by Soukai, Feb 27, 2017
  6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    No fw.img is needed. Follow directions.

7. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    k...i tried the latest haxchi... and it couldnt boot into the homebrew launcher... so i tried this one:
    with this one it works fine... am i right, that i cant use cbhc with it cuz its modified?

Last edited by Soukai, Feb 27, 2017
  8. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    You need to have the homebrew_launcher.elf on your sd card in the proper directory in order for haxchi to boot into it. There is also a config.txt file on your sd card that came with haxchi. You can change this file to your liking at any time to change Haxchi's boot configuration. You do not need to reinstall haxchi after modifying the config.txt file. It is read at runtime.

9. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    ... k wait... i now know what i did wrong:D

Last edited by Soukai, Mar 2, 2017