Best way to block disk updates on a 4.3U Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Black_Knight, Dec 20, 2012.

Dec 20, 2012
  1. Black_Knight
    OP

Newcomer Black_Knight Advanced Member

United States
    I'm asking because I downgraded IOS 36 so gecko can read VC and Wiiware games again, however every gamedisk now demands an update. I already know my options and unless someone can tell me it's alright, I've ruled out using preloader because of that huge warning they have on not installing it to a Wii with modified IOSs. So I tried StartPatch and downloaded the v4.3.1 US version and when I tried to use it, I the following

'Es_intalize ErrorError: -6'

Only thing I can think of is I'm missing cIOS rev12, but I not sure how to look for it.

I'm using a quick fix of running Gecko OS however if someone can help me with the next step since i don't want to aimlessly start uploading stuff onto my Wii since it's already being held together by string and glue. Or if preloader is a viable option, if that would even work.

Thanks in advance

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    priiloader, if u use ModMii it will help u do EVERYTHING, included installing priiloader and setting up system menu hacks

3. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    theres no disk update after 4.3 is there?

4. Black_Knight
    OP

United States
    I'm currently on a Mac, and while someone said that 7.0.0 is OSX compatible, I don't see it anywhere. I tried downloading the latest ones but they're all .exe files

5. XFlak

Canada
    u could use a windows live cd, hirens bootcd or vmware to run windows. Or you could borrow a friends PC, u can run ModMii portably without installing it, and u don't need admin rights either.

Alternatively, you can follow the other recommended guide on gbatemp

6. Black_Knight
    OP

United States
    I tired Wine Cooler, no dice there. So no way I can do this with a mac?

7. XFlak

Canada
    Virtual Machine or Hirens boot cd to run windows xp

or use the other guide... my answer won't change the more often you ask the same Q, lol

8. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Install wiimod to your sd card. Load wiimod, select the ios manager. Install ios36 into ios slot36, elevate the version number to 10000+ and install. You can keep your v1042 and simply patch the version number without any other patches, or you could update to a newer version of ios36 and patch trucha, es-identify, nand, version, and elevate the version #. As long as the version # is higher than what the update has, you will not get an update for it.