Hardware Best way to backup saves on an RGH Phat 360?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Just looking to backup all of my saves in case something happens to my 360 hdd or console, specifically hdd since if something happens to the console I can get another phat and just put the hdd on it. Would that work just to transfer the saves using the retail dashboard or should I ftp them or some other program to do it?

thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, saves are located in the 00000001 folders. I can't recall if it's located in a specific location though, but look for this. I don't think there's a way to back up saves officially, so you might have to do it with ftp. let me look at this for a second. ah, here it is (must be for la noire):

upload_2021-4-2_15-16-7.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they'll be in hdd1/content/profile id/tile id/00000001, so if looking for a specific title, remember to find the title id. the title id should be in the default.xex

D

Deleted User

OP
If I transfer them from ftp in that location, will they work on any 360? Even if it's a different 360 + different hdd?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall if they have to be resigned. I'm think that they'll work, because I think microsoft thought encrypting the hdd was enough. you could try them.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't recall if they have to be resigned. I'm think that they'll work, because I think microsoft thought encrypting the hdd was enough. you could try them.

I actually could I have another 360 that's rgh'd and another hdd but I switched to this one because the boot times were 2 minutes on the other one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like you need to change device and profile ids with horizon first. I don't remember much about it though.

D

Deleted User

OP
ah yeah I forgot about horizon. Before I had a 360 that played burned discs only not rgh and I was able to resign a few dlcs thorugh it even without an rgh. Haven't used that program in probably 5 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.