Hacking Question Best way for going online

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I want to know which is the best way for going online when Sword-Shield releases. I've been using CFW for a year, I have a clean NAND backup in 4.1.0, and I have currently an EmuNAND and my sysNAND in 8.1.0.

I had planned to restore my clean NAND on my sysNAND (no burnt fuses) and update it for playing online, I would like to avoid burning fuses, but I don't care if I do because I'm fine with auto-RCM and as far as I know no one got a ban for this.

Do you recommend me doing this? Do you think emuNAND is safe enough for avoiding a ban (I have incognito on it and I don't use internet)? Thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I want to know which is the best way for going online when Sword-Shield releases. I've been using CFW for a year, I have a clean NAND backup in 4.1.0, and I have currently an EmuNAND and my sysNAND in 8.1.0.

I had planned to restore my clean NAND on my sysNAND (no burnt fuses) and update it for playing online, I would like to avoid burning fuses, but I don't care if I do because I'm fine with auto-RCM and as far as I know no one got a ban for this.

Do you recommend me doing this? Do you think emuNAND is safe enough for avoiding a ban (I have incognito on it and I don't use internet)? Thanks
Hacked offline (or Incognito patched) emuNAND and clean sysNAND is the best way. Keep in mind you cannot boot a 100% stock sysNAND with AutoRCM. The only way to do that is with a normal boot. So there is a small chance you could be detected.

Reactions: ELY_M

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hacked offline (or Incognito patched) emuNAND and clean sysNAND is the best way. Keep in mind you cannot boot a 100% stock sysNAND with AutoRCM. The only way to do that is with a normal boot. So there is a small chance you could be detected.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but no one got banned for booting with Hekate right? Because the only difference is that you use another bootloader, but for what I know Nintendo can not detect it (for now) because it's not part of HorizonOS, so it doesn't send logs or anything like that to Nintendo servers

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but no one got banned for booting with Hekate right? Because the only difference is that you use another bootloader, but for what I know Nintendo can not detect it (for now) because it's not part of HorizonOS, so it doesn't send logs or anything like that to Nintendo servers
Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't add checks to detect it.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't add checks to detect it.

In theory nothing is 100% safe though. Because nintendo could technically add in a future update ways to detect the contents of your sd card(despite many obvious legal issues). The only things that nintendo really seems to flag are 1) piracy 2) layered fs/save editing/ online hacking. Many people have used atmosphere for over a year with just emulation and have yet to be banned and frequently go online. Not that I would risk it personally :P. Banning people for booting from rcm though would not be in nintendos best interests, I for example choose not to pirate games and use homebrew for retro emulation uses. Getting banned is probably the only thing would would lead me to xci/nsp downloads as I buy all digital. Nintendo would lose money.

Last edited by Basketto,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In theory nothing is 100% safe though. Because nintendo could technically add in a future update ways to detect the contents of your sd card(despite many obvious legal issues). The only things that nintendo really seems to flag are 1) piracy 2) layered fs/save editing/ online hacking. Many people have used atmosphere for over a year with just emulation and have yet to be banned and frequently go online. Not that I would risk it personally :P. Banning people for booting from rcm though would not be in nintendos best interests, I for example choose not to pirate games and use homebrew for retro emulation uses. Getting banned is probably the only thing would would lead me to xci/nsp downloads as I buy all digital. Nintendo would lose money.
That one is pretty easy to get around, just use two SD cards, one for legit and one for CFW :P

Do you own all the games you emulate? ;)

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That one is pretty easy to get around, just use two SD cards, one for legit and one for CFW :P

Do you own all the games you emulate? ;)

i own most but not all admitedly :P but none are still sold by the original manufacturers. I think the only places that would be miffed are retro game shops. However i like playing older games upscaled and on newer hardware so they are purchases I would never make at any rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah autism has different levels for different people
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I believe that even in the most severe cases of autism, the person is still incredibly intelligent.
    Even if they arent capable of demonstrating it to others
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Different symptoms affect people different
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @RedColoredStars What strain you smoking today? My buddy brought me some old school "Dumpster" today, skunky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol peanut butter breath bud
    @BigOnYa The same headcracker. I'll smoke that til it's gone before i get more. Sometimes when I shop I get all one strain, sometimes I get a few different ones.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live in Ohio and they just legalized it rec, but I can't buy it online til june, but stores around are starting to sell it. Pricey. Cheaper to get from my man than stores still.
    they just did here in MN too. last year, but there wont be any recreational dispensaries until 2025. I have a medical prescription so I use the medical dispensary
    +1
    Yup. Still cheaper for me to get it on the street too. But the guy that was selling me ounces for $150 moved and I dont know where to. lol
    Now it's back to practically double that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn $150 cheap, I'm paying 225-250
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'd want to try drugs
    yeah. like i said. its been back to almost double that now. same prices as you pretty much.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Supposedly us in Ohio can grow 2 plants per person in our house, and anybody else that can't grow them self, 2 for them. But I'm not sure how they are gonna limit or watch that, like are they gonna go house to house.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No drugs are bad, mkay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kansas shelved Marijuana again until next year
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Weed/Marijuana i would not consider as drugs personally. I'd have no problem if my kid came to me and said they smoked weed. Shit I'd ask what kind they got, and smoke with them. To me it's like smoking cigarettes. Actually I think Cigarettes are worse.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All like oh look at Missouri and Colorado they bring in Chinese terrorists
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 You didn't like Snow Day? I haven't got far into it, been busy, but yea didn't think it as good or as funny as last games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The graphics weren't bad but they were too focus on making it a beat em up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You play on Pc obv, was the camera an issue? It bugged me when trying to battle, had to turn camera to see who hitting me from behind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not really the invisible walls were just annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you seen/tried that "Kingdom Come" game yet, looks kinda cool, almost like a modern Skyrim. It won 30+ awards I guess. Gonna pirate buy it and try.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only played about 30mins
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only played about 30mins