Best Vita games for anti-weeb?

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess you could say I'm not that big a fan of most anime-art styled games. I do like some Final Fantasy games (I-V) and I do like anime, but I honestly am not that big of a fan of most JRPG and I know the Vita has a huge library of visual novels, JRPGs and just a ton of Japanese games in general and when asking for game recommendations, people typically have the first 10 on their list as JRPGs/visual novels, etc.

Excluding virtually any anime art-styled game, what are the best games for the Vita? I prefer mostly Western titles and I'm pretty damn basic as far as what I enjoy. FPS games like older Call of Duty (COD4, WaW. MW2), Minecraft is a good time waster, any other games on the Vita I should be aware of? I've seen Sly Cooper, X/X-2 HD remaster, Terraria, Shovel Knight, TWD Telltale series, Uncharted and Killzone.

I don't have a Vita yet but will be purchasing one very soon and would like to know what other games I could get. Thanks!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd recommend Lumines Electronic Symphony which my favourite Lumines game.

You had a lot of indie games from that gen like Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra and Bit Trip.

Little BIg Planet was a fun, the Rayman games were great with the Vita Dpad.

Beyond that, the Vita was just weeb trash.

Reactions: britain4 and Flame

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beyond that, the Vita was just weeb trash.

I've noticed 😂

Thankfully, as I understand it, the PSP library is also accessible on the Vita, which opens up a whole library of games to play.
I do vaguely remember Rayman from the PS2 days, will have to give it a try. There are a few titles I've seen here and there that pique my interest. Just going to have to keep a list somewhere.

My only issue is that every "Best vita games" video on YouTube with reviews includes 8/10 being JRPGs, so I just sigh in disappointment and skip to the non-Japanese games.

I'm honestly very interested in using Moonlight to stream my PC library to my Vita. Should be a pretty cool feature.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed 😂

Thankfully, as I understand it, the PSP library is also accessible on the Vita, which opens up a whole library of games to play.
I do vaguely remember Rayman from the PS2 days, will have to give it a try. There are a few titles I've seen here and there that pique my interest. Just going to have to keep a list somewhere.

My only issue is that every "Best vita games" video on YouTube with reviews includes 8/10 being JRPGs, so I just sigh in disappointment and skip to the non-Japanese games.

I'm honestly very interested in using Moonlight to stream my PC library to my Vita. Should be a pretty cool feature.

The PSP had more then it's fair share of weeb trash! Honestly, don't think the western games on PSP have aged too well tbh, I found GTA clunky back then let alone know. Killzone Liberation should be ok. The Rayman games on Vita, were gorgeous 2D platformers so wouldn't look too similar to the PS2 games,

I haven't tried streaming on Vita,but IIRC it only had 2.4 GHZ wifi so you may want to temper your expections there.

Reactions: zfreeman

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried streaming on Vita,but IIRC it only had 2.4 GHZ wifi so you may want to temper your expections there.
Damn. Really? That's a huge disappointment honestly. How the hell did Sony think that Remote Play was going to work when all you could use is 2.4GHz?

I really wish that Sony would release a revision to the Vita/PSP. It's been so long since they've released a handheld at this point and people are eating up the Steam Deck/Switch. You would think Sony would want a piece of that pie.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Persona 4 Golden. You'd be doing yourself a disservice to not give this about 5 hours to see if it clicks.

Easily the best title on the Vita and an excellent game that weaves an intriguing tale with interesting characters. No random battles, fetch quests or unnecessary padding either which makes a change for an RPG.

Weeb waifu pillows are optional but in terms of sheer gameplay there isn't much on the platform thats coming close to it and it fits perfectly on the handheld. Far in excess of any of the FF titles as they're just so boring and full of tropes with ropey gameplay.

Reactions: KokoseiJ

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Some stuff i have on my vita atm.
Another world
Abbey des mortes
Binding of isaac
Bully
Everyday shooter
Fez
Gato roboto
Gish
GTA ports
Hotline miami
Luftrausers
Minit
Proteus
Sound shapes
Sm64
Super meat boy
Tearaway
Unfinished swan
Xash3d

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some stuff i have on my vita atm.
Another world
Abbey des mortes
Binding of isaac
Bully
Everyday shooter
Fez
Gato roboto
Gish
GTA ports
Hotline miami
Luftrausers
Minit
Proteus
Sound shapes
Sm64
Super meat boy
Tearaway
Unfinished swan
Xash3d
That's a fair list.

Vita has a decent amount of non-Weeb games, but I'll mainly use mine to play PSP, PS1, Retro games.

I'd love to play Dreamcast, but seems it's unable.

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely forgot Bully was on the Vita. That's a great damn game and I bet the experience on the Vita is just as good as it was on the PS2. Will definitely be picking it up.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My list:

- A Boy and His Blob
- Bloodstained
- Hot Shot Golf World Invitational
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball
- Asphalt Injection
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Jet Set Radio
- Joe Danger
- J-Stars Victory VS+
- KillZone: Mercenary
- LittleBigPlanet
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Metal Slug 3
- ModNation Racers
- Mortal Kombat
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- One Piece: Burning Blood
- PlayStation All-Stars
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Rayman Origins
- Ridge Racer
- Shovel Knight
- Sine Mora
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racvoonus
- Soul Sacrifice
- Spy Hunter
- Super Meat Boy
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
- Super Stardust Delta
- The Sly Cooper Collection
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- WipEout 2048
- WRC 4

I'll probably add a Disgea game to the list as it's a fun RPG and Jak (and Daxter, think there is).

Good thing I've got a 256GB card. :)

Vita and PSTV would boost their value if it'd ever get decent performance with Dreamcast game. Sega's final console that achieved legendary status.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like the traditional Final Fantasy I recommend I Am Setsuna, Another game made by Square Enix. One Piece Warriors 3, Attack on Titan and any Gundam games are pretty solid. You said you're not interested in anime art style but highly recommend the VanillaWare games like Dragon Crown.

Error-1-2435-8325

The Unmoving Used Goods Seller
Trophies
Website
crazynewgroundsdawg.newgrounds.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you like the traditional Final Fantasy I recommend I Am Setsuna, Another game made by Square Enix. One Piece Warriors 3, Attack on Titan and any Gundam games are pretty solid. You said you're not interested in anime art style but highly recommend the VanillaWare games like Dragon Crown.
Huh. But actually, I am interested in the anime art-style. Just look at my avatar!

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never ended up getting a Vita. It's the only PlayStation console I've never owned, sadly. I likely won't be getting one either, simply because they're much too expensive for what they are. The library is relatively sparse for someone like me that really isn't into JRPGs/visual novels. Sucks because the Vita IS a great console, but I just can't warrant paying more than like $60 or so for a Vita just to play a handful of games I'd be interested in that I could play elsewhere like my PC.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never ended up getting a Vita. It's the only PlayStation console I've never owned, sadly. I likely won't be getting one either, simply because they're much too expensive for what they are. The library is relatively sparse for someone like me that really isn't into JRPGs/visual novels. Sucks because the Vita IS a great console, but I just can't warrant paying more than like $60 or so for a Vita just to play a handful of games I'd be interested in that I could play elsewhere like my PC.

As self proclaimed Vita bro, I have to say there's relatively little reason to buy a Vita in this day and age. Nearly every worthwhile game has been ported to other systems. If you're interested in a portable, you might want to consider these PC handhelds especially the new ones from Aya Neo and AYN which look to be affordable ($300).

Reactions: husky3g

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have the 512GB Steam Deck preordered since August last year. Excited to play Oblivion, old COD titles, etc. Should be a great system. I'm still in the "After Q3 2022" gang, but estimates from that weird tool floating around Reddit say it'll be mid-late November that I'll be able to actually purchase/ship mine.

husky3g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 256GB recently and am absolutely in love with it. Steam Deck is a much better investment then a Vita.

Man, I'm just hoping Valve can actually increase production. Seems crazy to preorder a device and then have to wait an entire year before being able to actually have it in your hands lol. This chip shortage is crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: