Best UK Deals for PS3? And additional Questions

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by sekhu, Sep 2, 2008.

Sep 2, 2008
  1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Can anyone suggest a place that offers good deals on the PS3? I've checked some regular game shops but found that packaged with games the ps3's are 40gb units and I'd like the new 80gb which is better for obvious reasons. I assume that 80GB PS3 units do not come with backwards compatibility or SD card reader, or additional USB ports?

Is the 80GB worth the asking price? In other words, should I go for it, or should I wait for the 40GB to go down in price. I think the 40GB would be difficult to get a hold of anyway, as I assume 80GB's will quickly replace the 40GB Units.

Does the PS3 come with a HDMI cable, or will I have to purchase it solo? What are the best UK deals or promotions on PS3's at the moment?

I'm thinking of buying Resistance amongst other second user titles from Ebay, but is it possible to use a keyboard and mouse on Resistance, and can I use a windows wireless keyboard and mouse on the PS3 or will it have to be wired?

What's the easiest way to stream video content from the PC to the PS3? Tversity or something else? I'd be interested to know./

Anything else I ought to consider before making my purchase?

I would have bought a Xbox360 but the RROD issue has been dealt with incompetence, otherwise I probably would have picked it over the PS3. I'm not impressed with the PS3 library as of yet, but upcoming games look promising. I already have a wii (and regret buying it at launch), so no buy a Wii and 360 combo suggestions.

thanks in advance