best text reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zendrik, Nov 6, 2006.

Nov 6, 2006

best text reader by Zendrik at 1:15 PM (872 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Zendrik
    OP

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Which text reader is the best to use for reading books on the DS? I have used Moonshell's text viewing capabilities but finding the "bookmark" is extremely difficult when I try to find where I left off. If a program exists, I would like the viewer to automatically start at the page I left off at during my last session.

2. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    I use the MediaExtend that comes with the G6. Its basically Moonshell, and lets you save and load bookmarks, so you can start where you left off later. I dunno if moonshell lets you save bookmarks or not. I also listen to music while I read, and I think that kicks, lol.

3. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I'll second GexX2 on the media extend. I never thought I'd be reading off of my DS but M.E. makes it pleasurable. [​IMG]

4. dodgybarnet

Newcomer dodgybarnet Member

Bookreader is by far the best IMHO.

http://www.bookreader.co.uk

runs in GBA mode. Easily change background colour (I like white text on black background). Instant bookmark (turn off, and you'll be back to the same spot when you read again).

Have read 6 or 7 books in last 4 months using it. Great.

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Zinge88: you dont mention which cart you have... Moonshell does support bookmarks, but only on certain cards.

Check my site as well, there is a demo bookreader for SC and EZ4 (if you happen to have one of those). Haven't had much time to work on it lately, but that is likely to change soon.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I prefer the GBAMP original book reader. You can set different backgrounds, you can convert music into GBS and listen to it while you read, it has easily-readable fonts and it has a bookmark feature (one bookmark per book). Slightly less screen than NDS programs (one character in width, one line in height), but it runs on GBA.

The M3 and G6 have book readers similar to that one, so they should be just as good.

7. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I'm used to DSOrganize's txt reader. Since it also allows you to edit them as well, it's just more convenient, and it has a double-screen display thing.

GBAMP's reader was useful when the DS HUEG was still around. Still a good text reader, and it's a rom anyone can run.

8. Zendrik
    OP

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, i forgot to say I have a Supercard MiniSD(as mentioned above). I have been using Moonshell to read and it has bookmarks but finding the exact spot you left off is difficult. All it does is put a red line are the scroll bar. Bookreader looks good and Ill take a look at it, altho GBA mode isnt too eye catching as I am used to Moonshell's double window view. The auto save is pretty cool though.