Zendrik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which text reader is the best to use for reading books on the DS? I have used Moonshell's text viewing capabilities but finding the "bookmark" is extremely difficult when I try to find where I left off. If a program exists, I would like the viewer to automatically start at the page I left off at during my last session.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use the MediaExtend that comes with the G6. Its basically Moonshell, and lets you save and load bookmarks, so you can start where you left off later. I dunno if moonshell lets you save bookmarks or not. I also listen to music while I read, and I think that kicks, lol.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll second GexX2 on the media extend. I never thought I'd be reading off of my DS but M.E. makes it pleasurable.
yaynds.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zinge88: you dont mention which cart you have... Moonshell does support bookmarks, but only on certain cards.

Check my site as well, there is a demo bookreader for SC and EZ4 (if you happen to have one of those). Haven't had much time to work on it lately, but that is likely to change soon.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I prefer the GBAMP original book reader. You can set different backgrounds, you can convert music into GBS and listen to it while you read, it has easily-readable fonts and it has a bookmark feature (one bookmark per book). Slightly less screen than NDS programs (one character in width, one line in height), but it runs on GBA.

The M3 and G6 have book readers similar to that one, so they should be just as good.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm used to DSOrganize's txt reader. Since it also allows you to edit them as well, it's just more convenient, and it has a double-screen display thing.

GBAMP's reader was useful when the DS HUEG was still around. Still a good text reader, and it's a rom anyone can run.

Zendrik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, i forgot to say I have a Supercard MiniSD(as mentioned above). I have been using Moonshell to read and it has bookmarks but finding the exact spot you left off is difficult. All it does is put a red line are the scroll bar. Bookreader looks good and Ill take a look at it, altho GBA mode isnt too eye catching as I am used to Moonshell's double window view. The auto save is pretty cool though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...