Hacking best speed and settings fo burning GC games?

NintendoLover64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im trying to burn Gamecube games , i have cIOS and cMIOS installed
im wondering whats the best settings(multi and not multi ISO) and speed for burning gamecube games?

i have ImgBurn on my computer btw

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NintendoLover64 said:
im wondering whats the best settings(multi and not multi ISO) and speed for burning gamecube games?

There is no absolute number for the best speed to burn discs at. A similar question would be to ask what's the best speed to drive a car at. It depends on the car being driven (DVD burner) and road being travelled (media).

It depends on your equipment and media.

Ultimately, the best speed to burn at is that which produces the fewest PI and PIF errors. Once you complete a burn (a couple of discs will have to be potential guinea pigs) at a given speed, scan the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed or DVDInfoPro for PI errors, it will give you a % for the quality of the disc. You're aiming for something above 90%. Just make a note of the quality % and the speed you burned the disc at.

Once you do that for a couple of discs from the same batch, you'll confidently know what's a safe speed to burn those discs at.

Hope that helps
(Be prepared for a lot of conflicting posts, sweeping generalizations, and unsubstantiated claims to follow)

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my advice is burn at the fastest speed you can, and do a 'verify after burning'. never had a problem. never understood people who say burn at 1x/2x speed. but whatever.

NintendoLover64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-Unknown- said:
NintendoLover64 said:

There is no absolute number for the best speed to burn discs at. A similar question would be to ask what's the best speed to drive a car at. It depends on the car being driven (DVD burner) and road being travelled (media).

It depends on your equipment and media.

Ultimately, the best speed to burn at is that which produces the fewest PI and PIF errors. Once you complete a burn (a couple of discs will have to be potential guinea pigs) at a given speed, scan the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed or DVDInfoPro for PI errors, it will give you a % for the quality of the disc. You're aiming for something above 90%. Just make a note of the quality % and the speed you burned the disc at.

Once you do that for a couple of discs from the same batch, you'll confidently know what's a safe speed to burn those discs at.

Hope that helps
(Be prepared for a lot of conflicting posts, sweeping generalizations, and unsubstantiated claims to follow)
i don't have nero....

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NintendoLover64 said:
i don't have nero....
It doesn't have to be Nero, I just used it as an example.

Just use a program that scans the disc for PI/PIF errors and you'll have something to confirm your decision to burn at X speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz