Best source for replacement shoulder microswitches?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, got into the reshell project on my AGS-101 and discovered the L shoulder microswitch is mushy and doesn't click. It might work intermittently, but it's definitely not right. I hadn't noticed a problem because all I've been playing recently is Advance Wars, and it was on a shelf for several years before that. So I'm not intimidated by the task of replacing those switches (but without a proper desolder station, i.e. vacuum gun, it won't be fun), but my bigger concern is I don't want to buy and install crap. Any suggestions for "the right choice?"

Here's the Amazon recommendation. I've watched a couple YT vids on this and I assume these switches are all about the same, and apparently they don't click like OEM but they will work. Just thought I'd check, before ordering, if there wasn't a better part available somewhere.

a mazon.com/Shoulder-Trigger-Buttons-Gameboy-Replacement/dp/B07N2W7G2B/

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean that looks okay. its all Chinese crap really.

Yeah, pretty much. There is an option that has a different design, but has clicky buttons. Problem is, only two legs that can be soldered to the board, not four. The other two are anchor points for stability, you don't 'need' them. But I wouldn't trust it. This guy does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over