Best soccer game for the wii ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by osirisjem, Apr 19, 2014.

1. osirisjem
    OP

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
  2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    What is "soccer"?

Oh you mean Football. Easy. Mario Strikers Charged Football

[​IMG]

3. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Why not try Inazuma Eleven as well?

weavile001 and Nxenz like this.
  4. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    No, I'm pretty sure he meant Soccer. Football isn't a sport where you fall down and cry about a non-existent injury from a non-existent foul until the other player gets a card at which point you pop up no worse for the wear.

5. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    No, I'm pretty sure he meant football - you know, the one where you use your foot to control the ball. The clue is in the name itself really, "foot" "ball" - you see how that works.:teach:

You are clearly confusing football with your national game of "Catch" :P

emigre likes this.
  6. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    No, the ball LOOKS like a foot. Also it's about a foot long. Hence Football. Not "kick ball with your foot and then measure the distance in meters".

7. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    Nevermind.

8. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Seriously ? "The ball looks like a foot" ? Who the fuck ever had a foot that looked like that ? Even John fucking Merrick's feet looked more like feet than that frikken ball does.

9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Even James Rolfe (AVGN) acknowledges the differences between the Football that you actually use your foot to kick the ball, and the other one which everyone goes against each other like a bunch of morons.

10. binaryRooster

binaryRooster Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    So basically the answer is Pro Evolution Soccer then! I tried some of the Fifa games and they're pretty poor relations to their PS3 and 360 counterparts. PES lets you use the wiimote to pass exactly where and how you want to - it really opens the game up and gives it an extra dimension. It still sucks changing all the fictitious names to the real ones though.

11. Leo Alves

Leo Alves GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is the best

the Champion's Road, a exclusive mode only found on the Wii Version is really fun.

12. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    OMG .. ok ... Soccer , Derives from the shortening of the term Association which comes from the games official name Association Football , back in the day when there were lots ball games they were often shortened in name EG : Rugby Football was named Rugger and Association Football was named Assoccer later shortened further to soccer or soccer football .. this was all around the time us brits invented the game we know today by the upper classes , Rugby and Soccer , till us mere working class folk took to the sport and it became Football . Other countries generally took the term soccer over football as they had their own versions of Football already .

History aside ,, ITS FOOTBALL not fookin SOCCER . :)

Fifa btw :)

13. binaryRooster

binaryRooster Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Yeah, no one in the UK calls it Soccer.

The Wii versions of Fifa i've played have all been a bit lacking. Is there any version that's better than the others i should look out for, or is the same version repackaged every year?

14. Doux91

Doux91 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2014
    Fifa and proevolution, mario striker wii is a bad game, the GC version was fine but the wii version will force you to do this :nayps3: :hateit:

15. extentofmysin

extentofmysin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2006
    Hell
    I prefer pro evo and a traditional controller (I have the 2009 edition)

16. osirisjem
    OP

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
  17. Disorarara

Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2012
    Virtua Striker 4.

18. osirisjem
    OP

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
  19. Wellington2k

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    I'm in the US and I still call soccer "football". It makes a lot more sense seeing as you use your "foot" to kick a "ball".
    But anyways, I enjoy Mario Strikers Charged and FIFA 2013... mostly Mario, though. It's such a good game. :) (However, the GameCube version is a bit better.)

WiiCube_2013 likes this.