Homebrew Best SNES emulator for new 3DS?

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no use. I can only hold but so many SNES games in VC format.

So I need assistance.

I'm on Wolvan's Homebr3w, looking for an emulator that runs just as smooth as a VC CIA. Any suggestions?

Emulators with save state functions and/or cheat engines are also appreciated!

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch, use 2010 for normal roms, use the highest year that performs well for special chipset roms (Super Mario RPG, Starfox, ...)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need Homebr3w anymore, FBI offers it's own titleDB that loads ten times quicker. Easy to get homebrew apps or update them.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PocketSNES is my choice, only because in my experience it does the best job emulating Yoshi's Island on my N3DS. Other emulators work, but for me it seems to work the best.

Reactions: SLiV3R

KalasGiacomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
PocketSNES is my choice, only because in my experience it does the best job emulating Yoshi's Island on my N3DS. Other emulators work, but for me it seems to work the best.
Agreed. This is my best option too, i was looking for years for a way to play mario RPG and i couldn´t... 'till i knew this. It doesn´t have any FPS drop, just try it.

D

Deleted User

For special chip games its really just a per game basis. It wont hurt to download each emulator they're only a couple mb each. For regular ol games it doesn't really matter.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'll necro this post because it shows up very high on Google. Snes9x for 3DS by Bubble2k16is BY FAR the best option. Testing a heavy late SNES game like Bahamut Lagoon gives a difference of over 20 FPS in relation to the best attempt Retroarch can produce. Seriously, get off the RetroArch on 3DS trainwreck and board this train: https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds

Reactions: AyanamiRei

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed with the above post, Snes9x_3DS (Not the retroarch version) is the best SNES emulator and the most convenient to setup and use. Even works good on old 3DS. I can't believe someone suggested blargsnes in a 2018 thread. Virtual Console injects is good but its preference if you want an emulator over injects.
For NES use VirtualNES, by the same developer as Snes9x_3DS. For Sega Genesis use Picodrive (it also does Sega CD and 32X)
For Gameboy use the Dsi version of GameYob. And for GBA use virtual console injects for sure. This is my ultimate emulator setup on my New 3DS. Everything works fullspeed and its fun playing retro games on a handheld. So this has become my preferred way to use emulators. My Wiiu is also setup with emulators but I never use it compared to my 3DS emulators.

Last edited by MattKimura,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Agreed with the above post, Snes9x_3DS (Not the retroarch version) is the best SNES emulator and the most convenient to setup and use. Even works good on old 3DS. I can't believe someone suggested blargsnes in a 2018 thread. Virtual Console injects is good but its preference if you want an emulator over injects.
For NES use VirtualNES, by the same developer as Snes9x_3DS. For Sega Genesis use Picodrive (it also does Sega CD and 32X)
For Gameboy use the Dsi version of GameYob. And for GBA use virtual console injects for sure. This is my ultimate emulator setup on my New 3DS. Everything works fullspeed and its fun playing retro games on a handheld. So this has become my preferred way to use emulators. My Wiiu is also setup with emulators but I never use it compared to my 3DS emulators.
For NES, I'd recommend RetroArch, nestopia, sadly old 3DS won't be fast enough, but on new3DS nestopia has better compatibility.
For Gameboy use RetroArch/Gambatte, also works on old 3DS.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Sorry for necrobump. But I wanna play yoshis island. Im getting best results with pocketsnes. Around 90 - 95 % speed. Is there any other emulator that is 100 % fullspeed for heavy snes games?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry for necrobump. But I wanna play yoshis island. Im getting best results with pocketsnes. Around 90 - 95 % speed. Is there any other emulator that is 100 % fullspeed for heavy snes games?

Hello.:)

https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/releases

Yoshis Island constant 59.9 FPS on playing.:)
It has many Features including Cheats.A very good Emulator,I think.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: SLiV3R and zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.