Homebrew Best SNES and GBA emulators for N3DS?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the best emulators are for SNES and GBA games that run almost like Nintendo's official Virtual Console ROMs? I understand that the games that use the SA1 and Super FX chips don't run that well, even on the N3DS but does anyone have emulators that have a very high compatibility and runs the games with a very smooth or almost smooth framerates?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the best emulators are for SNES and GBA games that run almost like Nintendo's official Virtual Console ROMs? I understand that the games that use the SA1 and Super FX chips don't run that well, even on the N3DS but does anyone have emulators that have a very high compatibility and runs the games with a very smooth or almost smooth framerates?

You can inject snes vc into the N3DS and same with GBA. Both run almost perfectly. It can be any game of your choice.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except I can't run CIA files on 11.0. Is there any way to install custom SNES CIA files on a N3DS with 11.0 or do I need to downgrade? I don't want to lose my custom home menu layouts, so going back to 9.2 would be disastrous for me and besides my O3DS is on 9.2.

Last edited by 03bgood,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Except I can't run CIA files on 11.0. Is there any way to install custom SNES CIA files on a N3DS with 11.0 or do I need to downgrade? I don't want to lose my custom home menu layouts, so going back to 9.2 would be disastrous for me and besides my O3DS is on 9.2.
Not downgrading soley for the purpose of keeping your layout seems a bit silly to me.. oh well..

Anyway, there might be a way to use 3dsx versions of the emulators in the homebrew launcher, if you can launch it. However the speeds won't be as fast as it would be launching from CIA (home menu).

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy fieldrunners on your old 3ds and downgrade the new one. You can always redo your homemenu layout. Fieldrunners could be patched next update meaning you can never downgrade your new 3ds.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above post is the perfect answer, so I'm going to +1 on that. The n3ds can have a9lh installed on 9.2 now, so no dangerous downgrade to 2.1. The only way to get really good speeds on gba and snes is with a kernel exploit, and of course the best is with injecting(that said I would take traditional Emulation for gba since the gba VC is pretty limited in options). Downgrading with the dsiware method is pretty easy from what I understand, and the plailect a9lh Guide has a section dedicated to it. I can promise you won't regret making the jump to a9lh. Nothing is more convenient than instant cfw loading(also it gives you a nice layer of protection if you accidently brick your sysnand. You can restore a nand backup as long as you don't Bork your firm0/1 afaik)

Edit: actually is there any way to inject a new gba/snes rom using HANS? I've never tried, but that would solve his problem rather nicely.

Last edited by zac122,
P

PaiiNSteven

mGBA works if you only have the HB Launcher. SNES you have a choice of PocketSNES and CATSFC. PocketSNES is faster with lower compatibility, CatSFC is slower with higher compatibility (but still runs most games like 60fps.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol