XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I'm looking for a good slot2 now to work in combo with my R4 DS
These are my priorities:

The top priority should be GBA support.
The GBA support must be great.

Another thing I would like, is external memory, preferable SD, cuz thats so cheap
smile.gif

These two functions would be nice, but not necessary:
- Browser
- Rumble

And I would like to keep the price under 50 dollars.

Tnx in adv.

Satangel

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 Lite - but that busts the price. There is no slot 2 card with a combination of above. The cards with rumble (modified Supercard Lite) lack ram for browser and GBA support. The 3in1 lacks external memory.

You could use the EZIV Lite Deluxe. It is cheap, and recently there was browser patch. So all you are missing out on is rumble. Or you could always spend an extra 7 USD and buy an eWin one from dealextreme.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
EZF4 Lite Advance if your willing to sacrifice Rumble. Excellent GBA game compatibility(havent found a bad game yet).(buy from bamboogaming)

EZF 3 in 1 if you are willing to sacrifice external memory(for 256mbits)
tongue.gif
(buy from dealextreme)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thread. I've been looking for something to replace my lamo SCminiSD with its lousy GBA game slowdown. I love the card for it's emus and stuff, but the main reason I bought it (GBA) sucks.

I've been eyeballing the M3 lite. No rumble and a little expensive, but it seems like the best choice for me.

The EZF4 looks like a good one too. I might look into that instead if the GBA games are near 100% like that. Hmm...does the EZF4 have built in emus like the SC does? Primarily NES?

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it looks like the M3 miniSD would be the one I'd want. That way I could just yank the miniSD out of my Supercard and stick it in the M3 and still have all my emus.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a "newer" version, that you can get from winsunx, but the site seems to be done, it looks more like the dust cover than a half cut gba cart.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thread. I've been looking for something to replace my lamo SCminiSD with its lousy GBA game slowdown. I love the card for it's emus and stuff, but the main reason I bought it (GBA) sucks.

I've been eyeballing the M3 lite. No rumble and a little expensive, but it seems like the best choice for me.

The EZF4 looks like a good one too. I might look into that instead if the GBA games are near 100% like that. Hmm...does the EZF4 have built in emus like the SC does? Primarily NES?

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it looks like the M3 miniSD would be the one I'd want. That way I could just yank the miniSD out of my Supercard and stick it in the M3 and still have all my emus.

The original ez4 will take min-sd, and unlike the m3 it wont stick out of ur gba/ds (see pics in link below)
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=195

to OP, looks like you want the m3 sd, or supercard sd. There was a hardware revision on the origianl m3 SD making it smaller.

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...&products_id=51
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...&products_id=61

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=31165

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Completely off track to say that the Supercard has good GBA compatibility. It does have the rest however (browser, external memory), and it works fine with the R4.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want SD, you'll need to buy an M3 SD for the best of everything. It has stellar GBA (probably not 100%, but not very far from it), browser compatibility and external memory (SD, obviously).

No other cards fit your description. The supercard SD GBA isn't as bad as some people say it is, but its definitely not up there with the others.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS Phat, an M3 Mini Perfect, and an R4.

I havent had any problems yet, plus the M3 Mini has Ram for the browser (works excellent) and almost perfect GBA compatibility. Just no Rumble.

I would recommend the M3 to anyone. A little expensive, but worth it. They actually just released a new firmware today (06/23/07).

Even with their slot 1, they are still on top of the slot 2 market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.