OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I have heard the DS-xtreme was suppose to be the best slot one device but due to poor updates and lack of communication...it seems as though it will go down the tube. So...My question is, what is currently the best slot 1 solution(Disregarding the price). Please explain as you pick. (If price is a really pro factor, then you may put it, but I really just want to know the one that has the most potential, customer support, and compatibility). Thanks for all those who reply and I will check up on this topic very often. I am thinking CycloDS is the best b/c it is somewhat cheaper than the g6 real and has 100% download play compatibility so far but...I don't know... the r4ds and m3 real looks popular...the g6 has wii connectivity...(Does the Cyclod have that aswell?)
Thanks for all those who reply!
Kevenka

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You posted this in the CycloDS forum, everyone's going to say the Cyclo!
biggrin.gif
But I'm going to have to say Cyclo, just cuz it rocks. And it does have Wii-DS connection. Or at least I think so.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to wiki.Gbatemp.net and find the evolution's page. Look at the features...and go buy one. Also has an english-speaking team who talks to the community, great support, and adds awesome functionality with each update.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get DSTT if you want less cost its 20 bucks on deal extreme and it supports cheats,microsdhc up to 32 gb and it supports slot 2 devices also

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, it can play GBA games, but you need a slot 2 expander. In my opinion, the best one is the EZFlash 3-in-1. It has rumble, a ram expander, and gba compatibility. I have the R4 and it is the best, but I think the 3-in-1 supports the Cyclo.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's put it this way...the R4 is old, and has poor support from its team these days. The DSTT? It's cheap yes, but has a laggy game browser with no folder support and no extra features. The Evolution:

* Completely plug & play - no FlashMe, PassMe or PC software required
* 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's - works on any OS
* RealTime Save function, allowing you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time
* Wii connectivity in games such as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is supported
* Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS
* Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, comes bundled with cheat codes for over 300 games!
* Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
* Supports the MicroSDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
* Save type is automatically detected, no need for a save type database
* Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
* User friendly, easily skinnable interface. Both touch screen and button operation supported
* Multi-lingual user interface
* "Enhanced Mode" which provides powerful, unique features during game play. Enhanced features are activated through an in-game menu. Enhanced mode features include:

- RealTime Save which allows you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time

- Adjust LCD brightness during game play (NDSLite only)

- SlowMotion mode which can be used to slow down game play to make fast paced action sequences easier to master

- Return to CycloDS Evolution Menu (aka soft reset)

- Toggle cheats codes on/off

- More features to come!

* Excellent homebrew compatibility thanks to the DLDI auto-patcher
* 2 megabytes of onboard flash memory which contains the CycloDS Evolution OS and will be utilised in the future to add exciting new features. A recovery mode is also included.
* Autoboot mode which when activated will directly boot into the last ROM or homebrew application executed
* Moonshell included to provide media playing functionality
* PassMe function (boot from slot 2)
* Supports rumble and memory expansions, without any special user interaction required

It has an amazing GUI that is fast and snappy, multiple file views, and is clean and professional looking.
Get it and you will not be disappointed.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's put it this way...the R4 is old, and has poor support from its team these days. The DSTT? It's cheap yes, but has a laggy game browser with no folder support and no extra features. The Evolution:

* Completely plug & play - no FlashMe, PassMe or PC software required
  * 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's - works on any OS
  * RealTime Save function, allowing you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time
  * Wii connectivity in games such as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is supported
  * Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS
  * Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, comes bundled with cheat codes for over 300 games!
  * Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
  * Supports the MicroSDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
  * Save type is automatically detected, no need for a save type database
  * Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
  * User friendly, easily skinnable interface. Both touch screen and button operation supported
  * Multi-lingual user interface
  * "Enhanced Mode" which provides powerful, unique features during game play. Enhanced features are activated through an in-game menu. Enhanced mode features include:

- RealTime Save which allows you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time

- Adjust LCD brightness during game play (NDSLite only)

- SlowMotion mode which can be used to slow down game play to make fast paced action sequences easier to master

- Return to CycloDS Evolution Menu (aka soft reset)

- Toggle cheats codes on/off

- More features to come!

* Excellent homebrew compatibility thanks to the DLDI auto-patcher
  * 2 megabytes of onboard flash memory which contains the CycloDS Evolution OS and will be utilised in the future to add exciting new features. A recovery mode is also included.
  * Autoboot mode which when activated will directly boot into the last ROM or homebrew application executed
  * Moonshell included to provide media playing functionality
  * PassMe function (boot from slot 2)
  * Supports rumble and memory expansions, without any special user interaction required

It has an amazing GUI that is fast and snappy, multiple file views, and is clean and professional looking.
 Get it and you will not be disappointed.

+1

CycloDS all the way!

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I consider the DSTT as kind of the new R4; it's gonna get popular real fast. I had an R4, and now that I have a Cyclo, gaming is just so much better, with all the cool features that the R4 and DSTT don't have.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You posted this in the CycloDS forum, everyone's going to say the Cyclo!Â
biggrin.gif
Â

I won't. I think the SCDS1 is the better slot one, and has been for quite a while now. It's also my personal favorite slot one.

I've had the CycloDS since batch one, and have only used it a handful of times. And that's because I just can't seem to put the SCDS1 down. It gets excellent support from an excellent team(TC crapped out their support for their slot 2 carts. Now the Evo is actually a GOOD cart, so I don't know why they would ever want to drop support on it, but you never know), and has a couple exclusive features, that have spoiled me. Especially real time guide. There was rumors that TC had a rtg of their own a few months ago, and was going to implement it in their firmware. But nothing came of it, which is a bummer.

I also like the DSOne's GUI much better. Although its loader is a second or two slower than Evo's when it starts up. But it is better/more sophisticated looking.

I'm not trying to make the CycloDS sound like a bad cart though(TC did bring us full download play support, which is very cool. Unlike the G6 team that just lied about it). It's an excellent cart, and comes in at a very close second. So if the original poster wants to get one, then you'll be very happy with it. I just wanted to let him know there's another slot one out there that's just as good, or in my opinion, better.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You posted this in the CycloDS forum, everyone's going to say the Cyclo!Â
biggrin.gif
Â

I won't. I think the SCDS1 is the better slot one, and has been for quite a while now. It's also my personal favorite slot one.

I've had the CycloDS since batch one, and have only used it a handful of times. And that's because I just can't seem to put the SCDS1 down. It gets excellent support from an excellent team(TC crapped out their support for their slot 2 carts. Now the Evo is actually a GOOD cart, so I don't know why they would ever want to drop support on it, but you never know), and has a couple exclusive features, that have spoiled me. Especially real time guide. There was rumors that TC had a rtg of their own a few months ago, and was going to implement it in their firmware. But nothing came of it, which is a bummer.

I also like the DSOne's GUI much better. Although its loader is a second or two slower than Evo's when it starts up. But it is better/more sophisticated looking.

I'm not trying to make the CycloDS sound like a bad cart though(TC did bring us full download play support, which is very cool. Unlike the G6 team that just lied about it). It's an excellent cart, and comes in at a very close second. So if the original poster wants to get one, then you'll be very happy with it. I just wanted to let him know there's another slot one out there that's just as good, or in my opinion, better.
Actually, teamcyclops made a post recently on their official forums that the in-game text reader was coming early next year, (being this year). So it isn't a months old rumor. Teamcyclops has yet to disappoint us with the evolution.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm..I might actually get a cyclod...so...does anyone know where I can get a good 2 gig micro sd and what kind for a descent price? Thanks in advance!
Kevenka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.