blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I'm after a slot one card since my DS Lite has just broken (shoulder button FTL) and I don't fancy flashing another.

Just something that's going to play as many games as possible, and something that's reliable and won't break.

Not bothered about GBA support since I'll keep my G6 Lite for a bit, not bothered about movie or MP3 playback since I have an iPod Classic and I'm not worried if I have to patch games since the trim function seems neat anyway, plus on the G6 you can add cheats etc for example.

Also I'm UK based, so something I can pickup cheap would be great!

Thanks

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is great, but the Acekard RPG seems really cool, but it's missing some basic features like cheat and soft-reset support.

I'm confused. Your DSLite just broke, so now you want a flashcart? What does that solve? And just wondering, does the G6 Lite have GBA support?

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just replied to his post on his broken shoulder button. Not sure if he's checked it out yet.

The Acekard has open source firmware so features like soft reset etc. should roll out quite quickly when requested.

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Many thanks, seems like the Acekard is the way to go then!

The reason I'm buying a new one, is as Iain said (many thanks for your reply btw!) I've got a problem with my shoulder button so will buy a new DS if I can't fix it. I don't have the tools to flash a DS any more, so will need to switch to a slot 1 based card.

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I use download play on mario kart on my R4, the positions in the race are all crazy. So If I win I actually come last, it's quite fun

Upas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really like my CycloDS/ Download play works perfectly so far, though I haven't tried it with the Wii. I'll try that as soon as I can.

I'd go with the CycloDS, they have an amazing support team too.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There really is no best cart, all have pros and cons, but I'd say go with the Acekard for now. Or a Cyclo. Cuz right now I think that the R4/M3 is sort of dying out, but after the new kernel for R4 comes out maybe the R4 will become popular again.

villa_bryan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check out the Cyclo DS Forum, Bug Report sections teamcyclops.com/forum

and look at all that's being reported by the community and the response the team gives.

the acecard has cool features but i really love download play, i can just sit next to someone at school and ask if they wanna race, play hold em, or just jump on eachother in Super Mario bros.

the r4 has good download play, but from what i understand not 100%

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Download play isn't something I've actually had to use at all up until now (other than Mario Kart and I own the original anyway) - but I'm open to the possibility in the future, so I'm not sure really.

R4 and M3 is out of the question then really, what are the best UK sellers? I used to use Winsunx but they don't sell either the Cyclo or Acekard

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Acekard definitely seems tricky to get hold of, and I notice this in a review:

QUOTE said:
Basically the only major flaw is that it is lacking in many basic features, some nice things to see are soft resetting, cheating, in game menus, etc. Hopefully these features will be available in the near future.
How close is it to getting this functionality? I must say it's very appealing, and would certainly sway me between the Cyclo and this. What are the main differences between the two?

In fact, the Cyclo is very hard to get hold of too, and I've just found this Acekard - am I correct in thinking if I bought that, that's all I need? No extra memory cards, card readers, adapters etc?

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my RPG from Bamboogaming too, and its all that you need. It has 1GB of built in memory and has a microSD slot if you want to have more than 1GB. It even ships with a USB cable!

Also, like all DS flashcarts, Multicart Multiplayer works fine, its just the Singlecart Multiplayer that is spotty on some flashcarts.

I really haven't had any problems with my RPG. Sure it has no cheats, but I am not a cheater. It has no soft reset, but is it really that hard to flick a switch?

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Many thanks for that, and as much as I hate to admit it, the ability to cheat and do real time save/load (do any of the cards do this?) would be a massive plus for me. I try not to cheat if possible, but if I'm really stuck on a game near the end, it'd be great to be able to have a little extra help in getting past it
tongue.gif

villa_bryan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cheats yes, as well as soft reset, real time save is something they have promised in the firmware 2.0.

infact right now if I go to the enhanced menu the option is there but it is not implemented yet.

that's 2 for 3 with a promise of the third.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.