Best slot-2 option for AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jethro85, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jethro85
    OP

Jethro85 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2009
    United States
    Cedartown, GA
    I am buying a ds for my gf and ordering another AK2 and since I am buying this i figured I might as well order a slot 2 device for myself.

I will be using the current AKAIO firmware.

Now to be honest I am really only interested in GBA games, not rumble and ram. I have read all over the forum that the 3in1 is compatible but i cant find any documentation as to what OTHER slot 2 devices are supported. and since i will never use these other options i was wondering if there is something cheaper/better.

can i use something other than the 3in1???? if so what devices are compatible?

also:
    • is it possible to access my saves and back them up?
    • will i lose my saves if i change to a different game/power off the system?
    • willl i have to use a loader homebrew or will AKAIO work without losing my saves?
    • can i use a slot 2 device to "migrate" pokemon to my Platinum game?
    i searched the forum for about 15 minutes before posting this and couldn't find any definite answers. any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    supercard lite seems your choice.

it's 5am here in my country and i need some sleep. i will add more info when i woke up

3. logical thinker

logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2008
  4. Jethro85
    OP

Jethro85 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2009
    United States
    Cedartown, GA
    thank you for that link, that was pretty much all the information i needed, i don't know why i didn't check the wiki.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice