Best slot-2 option for AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jethro85, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009
  1. Jethro85
    OP

Newcomer Jethro85 Member

United States
    I am buying a ds for my gf and ordering another AK2 and since I am buying this i figured I might as well order a slot 2 device for myself.

I will be using the current AKAIO firmware.

Now to be honest I am really only interested in GBA games, not rumble and ram. I have read all over the forum that the 3in1 is compatible but i cant find any documentation as to what OTHER slot 2 devices are supported. and since i will never use these other options i was wondering if there is something cheaper/better.

can i use something other than the 3in1???? if so what devices are compatible?

also:
    • is it possible to access my saves and back them up?
    • will i lose my saves if i change to a different game/power off the system?
    • willl i have to use a loader homebrew or will AKAIO work without losing my saves?
    • can i use a slot 2 device to "migrate" pokemon to my Platinum game?
    i searched the forum for about 15 minutes before posting this and couldn't find any definite answers. any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    supercard lite seems your choice.

it's 5am here in my country and i need some sleep. i will add more info when i woke up

3. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
  4. Jethro85
    OP

Newcomer Jethro85 Member

United States
    thank you for that link, that was pretty much all the information i needed, i don't know why i didn't check the wiki.