Hacking Best Slot - 2 Card Compatible with R4DS?

X3Flame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I wanna get a slot 2 device that can play GBA ROMS as well as the Opera Browser. Any tips on which one I should get?

(I know this has been probably asked a billion times before, so I apologize
yaypsp.gif
.)

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry a little late but I'll post my thoughts anyways.

In terms of GBA gaming and cheap price range, I recommend the ELINK 1G (actually 128MB) which comes in phat and lite sizes. It works with R4 and GBASP/GBA/GBM as well. Real-Time Save, in-game menu resets, and pretty good game compatibility. But no RTC for your Pokemon games, unless you don't mind patching it so it saves correctly.

But if INSIST on browsing the internet on the DS, the EZ Flash 3-in-1 would be the best choice in my opinion. It has a lot of forum support, so that's a good asset. The GBA function of the package is pretty standard, nothing too exceptional and it gets the job done. No Real-Time Save or RTC or flashcart reset. As for the Lite version of the EZ Flash 3-in-1, it sticks out a little bit but nothing to obscene.

Whatever decision you make, I hope you would be content with your purchase.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
EZ Flash 3-in-1 is the only option that suits your needs. I'm getin one this Feb.11 to test it out. I might get the plus version. Hopefully, Rudolph's GBA Exploader will work. I heard Opera has a hard time in the plus version. I got the patched version.

EricDM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to hijack this topic as it seems to have been answered and my question(s) is (are) essentially of the same nature, though tweaked a bit.

Question 1:
I, too, am looking to buy a good slot-2 card compatible with the r4ds, though my priorities differ. Ideally, I'd like to be able to save anytime, fast-foward, etc on GBA games, though my biggest priority is for them to run well. If this puts me up into a higher price range, so be it. I don't care about browser support. Just games.

Question 2:
I have an SNES emulator on my slot-1 card (SnemulatorDS or something of the like) that has a lot of layering and overall functionality problems. I've read that many of these problems are due to the slot-1's card just not having the same power as did some SNES cartridges. Seeing as how the same limitations apply to GBA games (though theirs is a complete incompatibility), I was wondering if SNES games function better on Slot-2 cards, and if there are better emulators.

That'll be all.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not recall any better emulation functionality on slot-2 than slot-1. And a 'good' slot-2 flashcart at a "higher price range", M3 Perfect is definitely the way to go if you're willing to dish out at least 70 USD. Finding an available one can also be a problem. But as for fast-forward, I do not think there are any GBA carts with that feature. The SuperCard or ELINK one should be considered if you want the other features.

X3Flame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think that ill be getting an M3 Perfect since I already have an R4 and i dont want to waste 70 just to get another flash cart + extras only if i want to get a slot 2 compatible w/ GBA and Opera.

EZFlash 3 in 1 sounds like the best option for me thanks to ur guys' help.
smileipb2.png

But ive been reading a bit about the EZFlash and heard that there are different 3 in 1 versions, like the PRO that comes with 512mb built in... I need a recommendation on what is fully compatible and is the most efficient for the R4.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: