Best Site to get a Sky3ds in US?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KingxHyruler, Feb 11, 2015.

1. KingxHyruler
    OP

KingxHyruler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    So since my 3ds got updated to 9.4 -_- I decided just to go ahead and get a Sky3ds, can anybody tell me which one of the sites that resell them is the most reliable and cheap, If I can get it under $80 that would be a plus, please and thank you.

2. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Best one I've found is modchipsdirect decent price and fast shipping or modchipcentral is good too they have a coupon code you can use. I think its sky3ds5 and it gets you 5% off

ModchipCentral and KingxHyruler like this.
  3. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Ok I'll check it out, thank you =)

4. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Jus a head up tho from what ive been reading ppl arent able to get MM3D working on the n3ds with sky3ds. so if u were buying one and hoping to play mm with it on ur n3ds id be careful...

KingxHyruler likes this.
  5. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    I'm actually a huge zelda fan so I'm just buying the game and I don't plan on buying the N3ds anytime soon perfectly happy with my 3DS XL

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Its not a new3ds issue its a sky issue
    Sky says there will be a template release "soon" but the same issue can be found in ace attorney and monster hunter

KingxHyruler likes this.
  7. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Ahh thank you for the clarification lol well that's fine I can wait for them to update a template, I would've gotten a gateway but my brother updated my 3ds so I just decided to get a Sky3ds because I really dislike how long it takes gateway to update

8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The thing is it might not a a simple as a template fix as Majora from what I read has a new type of protection (could be false rumors) but if thats the case for these 3 new games I dont think sky will work or at least a new card will need to be made.

Not trying to stop you from getting a sky card just letting you know if you're obsessing over those 3 titles "soon" mightbe gateway soon :P

KingxHyruler likes this.
  9. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    hahaha well then, I guess I'm fine with that, I just really want it for older games, Mario Kart7, Mario Golf, Kirby, Yoshi's Story, Metal Gear Solid 3 ect