best site to download ds manuals

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by euqiddis, Mar 26, 2007.

Mar 26, 2007
  1. euqiddis
    OP

Newcomer euqiddis Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    hi all
    is there a site where you can d/l the latest ds game manuals, i know you can d/l some from the nintendo site, but are there any other???

cheers

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Good question.

If you ask me, they should have been included with the ROM. Some games do actually need a manual.

3. mr_blonde_88

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    Yeah, some games are a biatch without them
    Im just guessing what to do half the time

4. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    If you can't find manuals try walkthroughs on Gamefaqs. Some of them start with a transcribed version of the stuff in the manual, or list off things like controls, basic commands, etc. Not exactly perfect, but it's better than nothing.

6. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I remember I was helping a user out with his site back when the DS first came out, but he was organizing all of the game manuals for download...I wonder how that went >.>

7. joe_gamer

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    im just wondering this but is it illegal to host these manuals some where on the net?

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

Oh probably. Companies can be weird about stuff like that.

10. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Faqs and Walkthroughs are much more helpful IMO..

11. snazzypants

Newcomer snazzypants Member

12. Lurick

Newcomer Lurick Advanced Member

United States
    Most FAQs and walkthroughs, I'm afraid, cross the boundary of simply explaining the story of and how to play a game, to out and out TELLING YOU how to beat it. That's fine, and I do use them when I feel it's needed ... it's just a completely different creature from a manual.

What's more, manuals contain art I want to see, and the original plot written by the original writers that explain WHY you're playing the game in the first place. I have never, EVER been one of these people that can plug in a game, see a character on the screen, and then immediately begin dashing around and killing enemies at random.

I need to know WHY the character is supposed to be doing it in the first place; it's important to me.

So, the manuals do possess an irreplacable quality I (and many) consider to be vital.

13. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Uh, Buy the game then if the manual means so much to you =/ Does seem like the only choice with non nintendo published games.

14. Lurick

United States
    I know I've already addressed this specific post, but Little's stacked on top of it is starting to display a trend that I've seen elsewhere ... it's this attitude of "l0lz dismissiveness" whenever anyone starts asking questions about something that you PERSONALLY don't find useful. It's just ... some people have this attitude that if they personally don't give a crap about something, it's almost laughable when somebody else does.

Nobody's forcing anybody to adopt a love of manuals for themselves ... the original poster was just asking for resources from like-minded individuals. If you don't have anything to contribute, it's better to just creep away silently. At the very least, don't bust into the thread with a "l0lz ur st00pid 4 even wanting dis" mindset. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking anyone, but still ... that's barely an exaggeration. Such contributions to the thread basically boil down to "I'm not going to help you, because I'm not interested -- I'm just going to explain to you why YOU shouldn't be interested, either." [​IMG]

The thread wasn't a "vote on the value of original game manuals here" poll. It was a simple request for potential sources. The poster had already made up his mind about whether or not he wanted the manual, and whether or not FAQs are enough for him. The poster also knew quite well that sites almost certainly exist that preserve such literature ... he wasn't asking for people (who don't really know that much on the subject one way or the other) to advise him (falsely) that "there's not really any options, so you should just give up on what you were asking for in the first place."

Finally, re-purchasing a sealed copy of a game isn't the "only choice" for manual replacement on non-Nintendo titles. I don't know where in the Hell that idea came from, but it's wildly inaccurate. There are LOTS of replacement manual sites around ... the fact that you've never poked around for them yourself (and, thus, have never seen them) does not mean they don't exist. [​IMG]

15. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    You have completely misunderstood my attitude. I didn't even notice you weren't the OP =( Apologies for my poor phrasing.

16. Lurick

United States
    No worries ... I was a little (well, a LOT) pissy that day. I felt bad after posting all that. I apologize for being an ass about it.

17. knocturnal

Member knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gamefly offers manuals of varying size but for the most part all of the info you need can be found on gamefaqs. I'm curious to know what games have you so confused. Except for Japanease games I can figure out American games with no problem at all after some trial and error