Best site to buy replacement DS shells?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diosoth, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009
  1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to customize my DS Lite and it looks as if I will have to buy 2 separate color shell kits for my needs. I'm looking for a reliable US-based website that sells them rather cheap. I can't pay $30 or more per shell that some sites charge.

I know there are Hong Kong and Chinese sites that sell for about $10 each, but they all require Paypal only. I don't use Paypal which means I can't buy from them.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Dealextreme.

Anyway, my advice is DON'T TRY IT. I broke two DS lites when replacing their shells (power button snapped)

3. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Let me agree with tattar8... Dealextreme is the best one... yeah it's Chinese and uses Paypal but... you can get a Paypal account easily... and it's better than giving your card details to random sites... and Dealextreme is really cheap, reliable, and has free shipping.

4. Diosoth
    OP

United States
    I have personal reasons not to use Paypal. It's not that I don't have an account, but I used to and no longer wish to do business with them.

5. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    You obviously weren't careful enough. You have to be when fiddling with electronics.

6. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    and he/she probably didn't take the time to follow the guide that I put together here on gbatemp.net (link >>HERE

7. Diosoth
    OP

United States
    As much as I hate Paypal's service I might have to risk their "no account needed" checkout and order from an overseas site. US retailers want $30 or more for a shell kit.

Dealextreme... I know about them. Has anyone heard of taobaodao.com? They might be a bit cheaper but I can find no online info or reviews about their company.