Best site to buy R4i Gold 3DS in the US?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gettogaara, Nov 21, 2012.

1. gettogaara
    OP

gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    Hey guys. I was trying to pick up and R4i Gold 3DS from ndscard.com but it's close to two days later now and they still haven't emailed me with their paypal. So I'm thinking I might as well buy from an american dealer but I'm wondering which is the most reliable and also if any of them take paypal. Two that I've found are

http://www.dsflashcart.com/
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/

but neither of them take paypal and I rather not have to ask my mom to use her credit card. Thanks guys.

2. tranfeer

tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 23, 2010
    Australia
  3. Latiken

Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Tennessee
    No websites actually accept PayPal.
    If any websites do they do it illegally.
    Sorry, bro.
    I'd go with RHS they are very fast.

4. Monster3ds

Monster3ds Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    Yeah,assure PCB digital number of the r4i gold you bought >8 (means 9, A,B,C) ,otherwise they cant work on latest 3ds firmware at present.Far as i knew,now many store provided preflashed card.As for me,as long as a store provides good quality items with reasonable price as well as promptly shipping and good service,i will think they are a good store. :D You can go to shop temp or just official site " distributor" , tons of store can be avaiable for you choose.

5. gettogaara
    OP

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    @tranfeer & Monster3ds
    Wait, I'm confused. I have to actually open it? I thought they just ship it to you with the most updated firmware and it'll work right away.

@Xpro
    Damn that sucks. Gonna ask my mom for her card now, hopefully she doesn't ask me what it's for lol. Pretty sure I'm gonna go for RHS.

6. Latiken

Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Tennessee
    Yeah.
    However, rest assure that RHS will not jack your money :)

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Well if it's been updated for 4.4.x then you know it's one of the later models at least, right?

8. gettogaara
    OP

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    Yeah I asked them and they said it was updated for V4.4.0-10. It actually came in today! I downloaded the firmware and so far everything's working great. Is it safe to update the 3DS now?

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Yes.

10. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    I've ordered from here before and actually received the R4s (in Canada, but US should be fine)... hope this helps:
    http://www.r4ds-ds.com/

11. Ellen Bryant
    This message by Ellen Bryant has been removed from public view by Depravo, Aug 6, 2013.
    Jul 12, 2013
  12. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV

I recommend Realhotstuff. They did have a problem with clone carts in the past but that was taken care of very professionally imo. It's a bit more expensive, but shipping is fast, and you're guaranteed an authentic product. Well...as authentic as flash carts get.