Gaming best shmups for psp?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last I checked the PSP had some decent emulators for the PS1 backwards (GBA as well) and a half decent version of MAME. That is your best bet.

Afraid I have not really followed shmups for the PSP though (homebrew or commercial) so I will have to duck out now.

On the other hand if you need suggestions for the 16 bit era, GBA and so forth have a look around here for such a question rolls around fairly regularly around here.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super Stardust Portable, Space Invaders Extreme, Atari Classics Evolved, Taito Memories Pocket has a couple on it.... there's probably a load more but these are a few I can think of right now
smile.gif

But as above you can emulate crap loads of retro consoles so in theory there's hundreds of possibility's
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gradius Collection has five games (G1-4, Gaiden), and you can also look at Parodius Portable and Salamander Portable, which all have a number of games too. While Japanese for the last two, they're easily enough to understand and have English where necessary.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
Get ready to love your psp a lot more! Here are the best shmups on psp:

Mars Matrix (use cps2 emu)
DoDonpachi, Esprade, Guwange, Dangun Feveron (use FBA emu)

They are amazing. And there is also Einhander, G-darius and R-type for psx but they're not as good as the above

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
CPS1 and CPS2 had a lot of shooters, and both are emulated full speed on the PSP. My favorite was the 194x series, especially 19XX and 1944, both were great games. 1944 was widescreen so it fits perfect on the PSP too.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to throw another nod out there to Gradius Collection as it's just fantastic. That right there is what a shooter is meant to be...challenging and fair, many options to fly through, not a 100% memory game bullet hell follow the cornchip up the butt tight design or fail of now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu