Best RCA to HDMI for Gamecube/GBA player?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Lemmy Koopa, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Lemmy Koopa
    OP

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    I love using my GBA flash card as a retro gaming system with all the emulation available, and having the option to plug it into the GBA player makes it even better if I want to have it on a TV.

My question is, what is the best option to play the GBA player on an HD TV?
    My TV has RCA input but there's video lag, and it's annoying to deal with.

Is there any RCA to HDMI converters that are lightning fast and look alright?

Help is appreciated.

2. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    You'd get better quality with component cables, so you should get component cables+component to hdmi instead.

3. Lemmy Koopa
    OP

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    Any component to hdmi in mind?

4. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Component cables for Gamecube are around $90+ usually.

5. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    First of all, I'd definitely double-check to make sure that you actually have a GameCube that can use Component Video cables. Unlike the Wii, those needed a separate connector. If your GC does not have the digital-out port on the back, then the most you can do is S-Video for output. Sorry. :(

If you do, yes, Component cables are pricey, but oh so very worth it, especially since then all you need do is then just hold B on the controller as you're booting up a game (or the GB player), and you can enable progressive scan. Not as nice as the Wii auto-enabling it for you on a backward-compatible Wii system, but still better than the hoops you had to go through to even enable 480p on PS2 systems and games.