spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Having owned a handful of cards over the past few years, I have been thinking about replacing my m3i Zero (currently my only DSi card) because, well, I don't like it much.
I am wondering if there are any DSi cards that I might consider to be high quality? I remember my original R4DS (white, clicky SD slot), the quality was excellent, no chips sticking out, very robust build, not flimsy at all, booted quickly, loaded quickly etc. Is there anything that genuinely compares to those card that were made all those years ago? The current manufacturers seem to be trying to make the cheapest cards they can, take a look at the m3i or acekard2, those horrible external clips do a terrible job of holding the shell together, not to mention the chips sticking out, I remember when you could shoot a card straight out of the slot and have it travel a good six to ten inches through the air.

So, that kinda turned more into a rant than a question, but... Are there any DSi cards without chips sticking out of them and with cases that are sturdy?

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:
N64Temp said:
Supercard DSONEi & iEDGE have the best build quality, in my opinion.

Better SuperCar DSTWO don´t think it?

EDGE really sucks.

Acekard2i is the better (except you want GBA emulation por DSi of course).
I thought he was asking about the build.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Juanmatron said:
N64Temp said:
Supercard DSONEi & iEDGE have the best build quality, in my opinion.

Better SuperCar DSTWO don´t think it?

EDGE really sucks.

Acekard2i is the better (except you want GBA emulation por DSi of course).
DSONEi, and iEDGE, also acekard2i(so-so quality)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
Just to be sure, you're aware that build quality is not connected to compatibility, right? The Acekard 2i is pretty light and slightly flimsy, but has the best compatibility, whereas some of the most physically rock-solid carts haven't gotten any compatibility updates in years.

CycloDS Evolution anyone? Well it's not a DSi compatible card but it is one of the last DS cards that the original team still updates regularly. My Cyclo is still going strong after over 2 years.

As for the iEDGE, the updates for that card come around the same time that the CycloDS Evolution gets its stable releases (about once every 1-2 months). So I guess the updates aren't that bad but in general a lot slower than the AK2i with AKAIO.

//Qtis

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The OP asked for the best build quality "i" card. Not about compatibility.
I use an AK2i and i think it's the best for compatibility but you have to admit that it has a poor build quality (weak case and contact issues).

Like I said, go for a Supercard DSonei, it has the best build quality in my opinion (and a very good compatibility too even if the updates are slower than AKAIO).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Supercard DS ONEi's build pales in comparison to the iEDGE.
Fantastic news, I get a DSoneI soon... Gotta point that stuff out.
smile.gif

v13j0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well in my experience the acekart quality is not the best... believe it or not, among all my carts (AK2i, R4DS, R4SDHC, R4i, EDGE and R4i-SDHC(red)) the R4i-SDHC third gen its the best built... now, in terms of compatibility the acekart top the others my second best is the R4i-SDHC.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think Acekard is sturdy.

REALLY now, the build quality does not matter, there is not yet have been ANY case on ANY flashcart as of yet that would have had problems of casing cracking or any other external build issue. And since you spend more time on keeping the cart in your console rather than touching, feeling and having sexy time with your cart, it really should not matter.

So, acekard and cycloDS fanboii to say:
Choose whatever feels sexy by it's features (be it even Supercard or even iEDGE; if it rivets you) - but unless you are planning to do some... rough time in bed with your flashcart I bet fear of it breaking is same as fearing corrosion on your DVD discs inside next 20 years.

Internal quality....

Dunno, I am not in standing to say anything on that (Acekard 2i's fine, I guess, as said that is all I have)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl +1