Gaming best psx games to play on psp?

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what psx games are best fit to play on the psp?
i've played some THPS 4 the other day and it worked pretty well, but not perfect. the R2 button is bound to the analog stick, and it's not that easy to handle at all....

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I see you've met THPS 4 already. It's a bloody terrific game, loving it atm.
I'll give a you little list of PSX games I've played so far on the PSP:

- THPS 2
- THPS 3
- THPS 4
- Crash Team Racing

You are right to say that the R2 and L2 buttons aren't configured that well, but I think you can change them in the HOME menu when you are playing a PSX game.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
PERSONA 2 INNOCENT SIN
PERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SINPERSONA 2 INNOCENT SIN

tpi.gif
Really though it's a great game. Also,

RESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIESRESIDENT EVIL SERIES

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
good list of psx on psp

from psoneclassics

- ff 7,8,9
- parasite eve 1,2
- xenogears
- metal gear solid
- front mission 3
- vagrant story

also custom eboot

- chrono cross
- dino crisis 2
- galerians
- policenauts
- thousand arms

toss in suikoden 1 & 2 and ur done for lots of hours of FUN

Sebastian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I see you've met THPS 4 already. It's a bloody terrific game, loving it atm.
I'll give a you little list of PSX games I've played so far on the PSP:

- THPS 2
- THPS 3
- THPS 4
- Crash Team Racing

You are right to say that the R2 and L2 buttons aren't configured that well, but I think you can change them in the HOME menu when you are playing a PSX game.
YEAR, All you list are great!! Zalda, U can try...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spyro games work surprisingly well with the analog nub. I booted up Spyro 3 and I was blown away at how well it controlled. I was just as good as it as I was when I beat the shit out of that game so many years ago. Unfortunately, Crash Bandicoot doesn't work all that well (the analog stick and D-Pad are just too wonky).

Final Fantasy VII and IX work fine (I'll assume VIII does too). Most standard RPG outings work fine, actually (although some of the Final Fantasy anthology games run terribly, there's just technical issues and stuff).

If you want to count remakes, there's tons of pretty solid ones. The first and second Final Fantasy got good remakes (they're still a bit dated but the remakes make them playable), the fourth Final Fantasy did as well (absolutely amazing on the PSP), and there's also Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (pretty fun RPG although the voice acting is kinda shitty and the intro is like a solid hour of straight dialogue with I think three battles).

Chrono Cross is like one of the best PSX (and RPG) games ever made and it runs fine on the PSP if you fiddle with it (correct popsloader version and Game ID), although there's a bit of slowdown when entering a battle. But it's fucking Chrono Cross so who gives a shit.

Also, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is just like the best PSX game on the PSP. It just runs perfectly and the controls are awesome. Also probably the best 2D game ever made. Einhander also works pretty well in regards to controls.

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx guild, but i don't really want RPG games that have way too much text and parts where you don't do nothing for over 10 minutes. played some vagrant story the other day and I immediately had to watch a dated 10 min. intro video. hated that, haven't tried the real gameplay because of that......

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
30084pm said:
aminemaster said:
you should be more patient to enjoy good games
I don't think there are gonna be anymore good psx games
unsure.gif

facepalm.jpg

He means you have to have patience to go through the text in RPG's. It adds to the overall experience according to him.
Oh sorry I didn't see the latest post by OP
tongue.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Zalda said:
thx guild, but i don't really want RPG games that have way too much text and parts where you don't do nothing for over 10 minutes. played some vagrant story the other day and I immediately had to watch a dated 10 min. intro video. hated that, haven't tried the real gameplay because of that......

That there is an epic disaster and an example of piracy syndrome which we were talking about the other day in action....awesome game but no incentive to play because of no investment.

Reactions: phonz

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Zalda said:

That there is an epic disaster and an example of piracy syndrome which we were talking about the other day in action....awesome game but no incentive to play because of no investment.

Um, or people play games in different ways? I rarely play games that I can't skip cutscenes for, and that's true of retail or pirated stuff. It takes something super-innovative - or something right up my alley - to make me give a shit about plot, characters and story.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Spyro games work surprisingly well with the analog nub. I booted up Spyro 3 and I was blown away at how well it controlled. I was just as good as it as I was when I beat the shit out of that game so many years ago. Unfortunately, Crash Bandicoot doesn't work all that well (the analog stick and D-Pad are just too wonky).

Final Fantasy VII and IX work fine (I'll assume VIII does too). Most standard RPG outings work fine, actually (although some of the Final Fantasy anthology games run terribly, there's just technical issues and stuff).

If you want to count remakes, there's tons of pretty solid ones. The first and second Final Fantasy got good remakes (they're still a bit dated but the remakes make them playable), the fourth Final Fantasy did as well (absolutely amazing on the PSP), and there's also Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (pretty fun RPG although the voice acting is kinda shitty and the intro is like a solid hour of straight dialogue with I think three battles).

Chrono Cross is like one of the best PSX (and RPG) games ever made and it runs fine on the PSP if you fiddle with it (correct popsloader version and Game ID), although there's a bit of slowdown when entering a battle. But it's fucking Chrono Cross so who gives a shit.

Also, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is just like the best PSX game on the PSP. It just runs perfectly and the controls are awesome. Also probably the best 2D game ever made. Einhander also works pretty well in regards to controls.

I

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wild arms 1+2 i dont know if 1 will work for you it could be my psp but it freezes when i use spells or summons and then crashes and WA2 works perfectly i beat it and the optional bosses with no freeze.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

This. But maybe it's just because I'm a Castlevania fanboy.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Dangy said:
Guild McCommunist said:

This. But maybe it's just because I'm a Castlevania fanboy.

Started playing SOTN this morning
smile.gif
Aside from a glitch which causes a lockup if you walk in a very specific direction, it seems to be working fine. There's a warp room in the tower that occasionally fills with mist where you find the Soul of Wolf upgrade. When you go to the Library to get the blue door key, don't use the warp to get out. Walk. If you use the warp then walk out of the warp room into the mist filled tower, the game freezes. Easily evaded when you have the heads up. I think using a different version of PopsLoader might help too but I don't recall the exact settings.

Other than that, the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy disk works well, and shockingly takes up significantly less space than downloading the three games seperately. FF7 works well, just with very occasional graphical glitches. Legend of the Dragoon mostly works, but it is prone to lock ups on rare occasion.

Incidentally if anyone ever encounters a PAL copy of Legend of the Dragoon for PS1, gimme a shout. Need to replace mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    +1
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)